The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Blazer
antispam: No

Post by Blazer »

Just got in from this flick.

3D... very entertaining... unbelievable special effects... interesting story line...

...and a whistle in the sound track!
khl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Re: Avatar

Post by khl »

Blazer wrote: ...and a whistle in the sound track!
Man, now you gave it all away. :lol:
Keith
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

IMDB lists Tony Hinnigan as the culprit.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
markbell

Post by markbell »

Our family went and saw it on Friday (opening day). We loved it! The showtime we planned to see in 3D was sold out, so the next available showing was 2D.

Just a good excuse to see the movie again, of course, in 3D!
sibilo ergo sum
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I saw Jack Horner's name for music in Avatar and was just about to shoot Tony a note asking if he was on the soundtrack. You saved me the trouble. I'll bet he played more than just whistle on the score.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Does this 3-D technology in this movie still inspire headaches? The old red/green and even the last time I went to a short Poloroid 3-D movie, I came away with big giant headaches.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

I usually do not like 3D pictures. I always find myself wanting to remove the glasses. But I guess the technology is improving. In the 2.5 hour flick, I only took them off one time. I mostly just forgot about them, even though I had to wear them over my regular glasses. No headaches here! before the movie began, they had previews of coming movies in 3D, as well as a 3D promotional video for the National guard.
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

I haven't seen Avatar yet, but I've seen a handful of the new 3D movies. The CGI movies in 3D are WAY better than the old green/red 3D movies.

I think the first I saw was The Polar Express in 3D at the IMAX when it came out a few years ago. That was awesome - the 3D, the size, and the sound made for an incredible movie experience. I mean come on - The Polar Express? How could that be cool? But it was.

More recently we've seen Monsters vs. Aliens and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Both had what I thought was excellent 3D. Not only is it better, but we didn't have a problem with the glasses themselves either. I wear prescription glasses myself, and the 3D glasses fit fine over them.

Jason
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

I've found that 3D movies are hard for me to watch because I am (red/blue) colour blind. The 3D effect does not work well at all, the edges are always blurry and the colours appear washed out.
I was at Movie World here on the Gold Coast and went with my kids to see a feature with Marvin the Martian and Daffy Duck in it, I couldn't even watch the feature, it was easier to see without the 3D glasses. :boggle:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Ceili_whistle_man wrote:I've found that 3D movies are hard for me to watch because I am (red/blue) colour blind. The 3D effect does not work well at all, the edges are always blurry and the colours appear washed out.
I was at Movie World here on the Gold Coast and went with my kids to see a feature with Marvin the Martian and Daffy Duck in it, I couldn't even watch the feature, it was easier to see without the 3D glasses. :boggle:
I'll be going to see Avatar, which is the first of the digital 3D movies I'll see. The new process isn't based on red/blue. The glasses polarize light differently for each eye. There is very little eyestrain or other side effects, so I'm told.
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Correct, the glasses are not red/blue. The ones we got looked almost like horn-rimmed glasses from the 50's - like Buddy Holly's - kinda cool. They were very lightly shaded. It's almost like looking through clear glasses.

Jason
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

I just heard from Tony, and in addition to whistle, he's playing quena,panpipes, some high G and F whistles for bird sounds, etc.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Ceili_whistle_man wrote:I've found that 3D movies are hard for me to watch because I am (red/blue) colour blind. The 3D effect does not work well at all, the edges are always blurry and the colours appear washed out.
I believe the latest wave of 3D technology uses cross-polarised images rather than colour to create the effect.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

FF - I'm loving that! I haven't seen that one yet! :D

Jason