Chatting and Reeling

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Walden,

Your recording of Old Time Reeligion had a lovely *air* about it, hard to describe, but caused, in part, by the *slide* into that one note on your harmonica. To my tastes it should go faster; your version seemed a bit too *polkay,* but reely I'm jiggy with it all.

*begs forgiveness*
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Usually if I'm chatting and reeling, it's at the bar. :wink:

N, a bit muzzy today
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2003-01-29 13:57, cskinner wrote:

To my tastes it should go faster; your version seemed a bit too *polkay,* but reely I'm jiggy with it all.
I hear ye. I had originally planned to record it at full speed, but, honestly I kept getting tongue tied on the harmonica, so I had to slow it down a bit.

What do you think of my take on Ode to Joy?

http://www.geocities.com/aaronwalden/Joyful.htm
Reasonable person
Walden
carrie

Post by carrie »

On 2003-01-29 15:44, Walden wrote:
On 2003-01-29 13:57, cskinner wrote:

To my tastes it should go faster; your version seemed a bit too *polkay,* but reely I'm jiggy with it all.
I hear ye. I had originally planned to record it at full speed, but, honestly I kept getting tongue tied on the harmonica, so I had to slow it down a bit.

What do you think of my take on Ode to Joy?

http://www.geocities.com/aaronwalden/Joyful.htm

Oh! I was just kidding about the tempo, sinking to new depths for a pun on a dance form. It was fine just as you did it, Walden! And your Ode to Joy is...joyful!

Carol
Moonlight
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Moonlight »

Sounds like so much fun guys...sorry I missed that. Super job!
Was doing some reeling of my own...(that Norwalk Virus weight loss program is a killer) See you all soon in the chatroom.
Maybe I can be part of the next venture...
Return to The Real Reel or Really Reeling etc etc..
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Can we do a jig next??
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

What a wonderful little tune -- I love it. But it is something of a brainworm, as the folks who heard me whistling it around and about terminal B at DFW airport last Thursday can no doubt attest. Sometimes I even went outside and used a real whistle.

Who holds the rights to this little jewel? May I perform it if I contribute a porportionate share of any proceeds from live performances and CD sales to help fund the intern program?
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Gonzo, since I was overseeing the entire project, I'm certain that I hold the rights. Thus, any payments should be made directly to me. Contact me off the board to make arrangements. :wink:
Susan
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Av et. al. - reely really nice! Thanks for sharing.

Philo
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Thanks Phil.

Susan, if I remember correctly you came in halfway through the creation. :razz:

Gonzo, I think anything created in the chatroom should be public domain - we run into too many copyright restrictions with tunes as it is. But I'll defer to the others.
carrie

Post by carrie »

My vote, for whatever it's worth, is that anyone who wants to play this tune should be able to: public domain.

When are we gonna get around to writing that jig, guys? Anybody game to add the next few measures to this little cheery start? :wink:

|GBG ~E2D|~G2A B2z|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cskinner on 2003-02-01 13:47 ]</font>
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Now that I've actally LISTENED to the tune (as opposed to making smart remarks), I have to say:

Bravo. Bravo.

N, applauding
Lou Farant

Post by Lou Farant »

I love it when you guys post the tune and the abc for us to play along at home! This is fantastic!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I just played the reel here at work. (it's reel slow here today :smile: ) Everyone enjoyed it. Very nice, Beth.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Thank you, one and all, for this tune, and the cool way it was written...really makes this community worthwhile!

Um...I meant reely.....
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe