getting at them regs

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
tommykleen
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

By the way, I heard a tape of this guy...freakin' fantastic! Billy's one of those pipers who has been playing forever-all on the quiet like-never needed to or wanted to "Hit it big". Just really mastering the craft for the craft's sake. Nice, crisp in parts, flowing in others, endless variations ...
-t
elbogo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by elbogo »

Hi Tommy, You wouldn't have a copy of that tape would you?
Davey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Davey »

Elbogo...if you come to the Tionol in St. Paul...we'll actually GIVE you a CD of him. Tommy, I just copied those tapes to CD and we now have 18 track of Billy's playing available (with his permission) to club members and those attending the tionol this march! 2 or 3 of those tracks are terrible quality, as they were origianally recorded with a good ol' fashioned tape recorder...but many are actually quite good.

DB
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

OK some replies now. Re: Photoshop lasso tool. Yes I'd be lost without it. I wish I had also used that "pure drop" filter to give my pasty old head that vintage piper look. Re: The Coyne set. Iksnay-on-the-Oyn-cay!
Re: those fingers. Funny, when you see your big 'ol jug on someone else's body, you really see how your own features relate to the rest o' ye. God I wish I had such beautiful-long-slender didgets! Re: the sideburns. What, has my wife been talking to you?Re: visual comparisons ala Davey: One first-class braining from an irate Luxemburger coming right up! Re: Those regs (remember that topic?). Anyone have a pre-1999 Rogge set that has the shorter mainstock? Can you easily get at your regs?
-T
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Two words Tom... shoulder strap.

Patrick.
tommykleen

Post by tommykleen »

Re: Shoulder strap. I have tried various levels of adjustment without much luck...everything but trying it on the OTHER shoulder...

Wait a minute...

t
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

HA HA! Image