SOLD Keyless Wilkes boxwood flute in D

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
flutefry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

SOLD Keyless Wilkes boxwood flute in D

Post by flutefry »

SOLD
Last edited by flutefry on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Re: FS Keyless Wilkes boxwood flute in D

Post by radcliff »

Please, add photos!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Man-alive, I have two wishes -- that I needed a flute and/or that I hadn't had so many financial setbacks lately.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Lupus_Rio

Post by Lupus_Rio »

PM
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

A nice looking flute. How old is it, and who put the cork on? I suppose it's sold already. all the best
flutefry
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

Post by flutefry »

I don't know how old it is as I am the second owner after Julia Delaney and I didn't think to ask its age. I doubt if it has been made in the past two or three years, but it's not an early flute either. The flute arrived in my hands with cork.

I am leaving the quasi auction open until Thursday morning, and then I will decide how to proceed.

Hugh
I thought I had no talent, but my talent is to persist anyway.
Liney Bear

Post by Liney Bear »

The flute was purchased brand new by a friend of mine in Phoenix in April 2008, directly from Mr. Wilkes. I'm not sure why it was corked instead of threaded, as I'm pretty sure Mr. Wilkes generally threads the lappings. I can ask my buddy about it later.

Anyway, the flute is less than 2 years old. I've played it myself a few times before my friend sold it to Julia. It's a rock solid player and a beautiful example of Chris's recent work. Whoever ends up with it will surely enjoy it.
flutefry

Post by flutefry »

Thanks to Liney Bear for this update-that's really helplful.

Hugh
I thought I had no talent, but my talent is to persist anyway.
crickett

Re: SOLD Keyless Wilkes boxwood flute in D

Post by crickett »

Thank goodness somebody bought that thing. Now I can stop thinking about it when I'm supposed to be working.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: SOLD Keyless Wilkes boxwood flute in D

Post by chas »

OTOH, I can think of what might have been.

Just kidding; I have more flutes than I can play well (which means more than zero); I'd love to try a Wilkes just to say that I had, but I'd never give it the time it deserved.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.