September offerings...C_P

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

September offerings...C_P

Post by brewerpaul »

(Note-0p-0p my cat j6ust s-p=illed coffee onto my keyboa5rd, mak=in4g fo5r some =inter5est=in4g ty-p=in4g...)"

While -peop-le =in the ^US a5re la5rgely enjoy=ing a hol=iday vacat=ion, B6usman Wh=istles =is slav=in4g =in t7he sho-p to b5r=in4g yo6u mo5re W&HOA fodde5r. Fo5r yo6u5r cons=ide5rat=ion:

F5rom left-0p-0p
Finished:
Dymondwood/Acetal hybrid-- half of two whistles self destructed, but the surviving parts were too nice to trash. Turned out very handsome!
Osage Orange
Pau Rosa-- this is a "factory second" with a couple of repaired cracks overlying the brass tuning slide. These cracks are fully stable and the repairs are as usual fully guaranteed.
Offered at $200.

Partially Finished: fittings are not yet glued, so brass can be switched for stainless and vice versa. +I can ema=il t7he f6ull s=ize =ima4ge f=ile =if t7h=is one =is too small to see.
Katalox: very nice, very hard wood in a purplish/cocoa color-- this one's new for me.
Blackwood (2)
Louro Preto: Resembles Bocote, but seems a bit harder and smoother grained. Another first for B.W.
Kingwood
Tiger Maple

In advance... I just got two chunks of very pretty figured Koa from a Ukelele maker in Hawaii. I'll be starting to saw that up soon.

(T7he above =is c6ut and -pasted f5rom a -p5ree coffee =inc=ident ema=il)"

+I can ema=il the7f6ull s=ize -p;=ict6u5re f=ile =if t7he above =is too small to see
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: September offerings...C_P

Post by MTGuru »

:lol:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

I wasn't kidding about the cat spilling coffee on the keyboard. I'm typing from my wife's computer now. I tried leaving the keyboard out in the sun for a few hours, using a blow dryer on it, and finally taking it apart to dry things out. It's better now, but still missing the shift keys, and a couple of important letters like a and s. If it's not better (ie, dried out) by morning, I'll consider it trashed.
If anyone couldn't understand my previous posting, please let me know and I'll translate it into English :P
Got wood?
Denny

Post by Denny »

unplug
flush well with distilled water
allow to dry

g'luck
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Denny wrote:unplug
flush well with distilled water
allow to dry

g'luck
Thanks, but for a 5 yr old keyboard/mouse combo that I can replace for $30, that's more trouble than I'm willing to go to for a fix that may not work anyway. I need it NOW-- all my whistle making pictures, website files etc are on that computer.

The design of the keyboard is pretty interesting btw. The main guts of the thing consists of three thin plastic sheets. The top and bottom sheets have printed electrical contacts which are kept separate by the middle perforated sheet. When you press a key, the corresponding contact on the top sheet is pressed down onto the contact on the bottom sheet. Simple and effective.
This design makes the "allow to dry" advice problematic since those plastic sheets don't easily allow for evaporation.
Got wood?
Denny

Post by Denny »

for the price of a key board, I agree

a camera, phone, ....
sjcavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

I'd go buy a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard set up. Easy to use, and easy to clean when stuff has been dumped on it.
Just a newbie making his way through the world.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

sjcavy wrote:I'd go buy a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard set up. Easy to use, and easy to clean when stuff has been dumped on it.
That's what I had before, and that's exactly what I went out and bought fofr $29.99. This is a slightly new model, made with me in mind apparently, because right on the box it states that is "spill resistant" :D
Got wood?
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

brewerpaul wrote:I wasn't kidding about the cat spilling coffee on the keyboard.
I was sure this was a cunning marketing tactic on your part, Paul. Most of the text was scrambled but still decipherable except the important bits about the materials and pricing. No matter what, I had to read the whole post. Either your cat is a marketing genius or you are one sly fox.

+Can) y70u ema=il the7f6ull s=ize -p;=ict6u5re t2o m3, t7he above =is too sm@ll to see.

And the whistles look terrific!
brewerpaul also wrote:Louro Preto: Resembles Bocote, but seems a bit harder and smoother grained.
I guess that's why some timber resellers call it Brazilian Bocote.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Taji_Sapper

Post by Taji_Sapper »

Paul,
I saw the Katalox whistle...looks nice. That was one of the pieces I thought would be nice last time I bought a whistle. Turned out I was right! Someone better snap it up before my WhOA gets the better of me!!! Not kidding here. People, help me out...LOL. Seriously Paul, another nice set of whistles. And anyone who's interested...flying back to states TOMORROW!!!! YES! Let the Pub craw begin :D
Steve

Post by brewerpaul »

Good news Taji! Where in the States will you be?
Got wood?
Taji_Sapper

Post by Taji_Sapper »

Will go from Ft. Dix to Johnstown, PA. Then on to Richmond, VA and then home to Tybee Island (Savannah) GA. (Then 3 whole months off before it is time to go to the other war.) Still trying to find some sessions in those areas, but no luck. Well, maybe I will have one too many beers and break into whistling at a bar! That would be a hoot!
Steve
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Whistler Bard »

Heheheh I think you already lost time trying to save that keyboard :P

As for the whistles...I dream of having of of yours! Maybe some day when I climb a bit more in the whistle food chain!