Olwell for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
joshD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Olwell for sale

Post by joshD »

Hello all,

I am selling my Boxwood Nicholson 7 key Olwell sadly, to finance my two new flutes. One being an Olwell and the other being an 8 key Beckett Antique, both by the way of Patrick. It currently is one of only three flute made by the Olwell's that has a C# key. It also has the side mounted right touch B-flat key that I love.:thumbsup: There is a piece of cork that came of one of the tenons that i will replace. Now here is the funny part..... The C#key was taken back to the shop by Arron to fix it while we were in the Catskills for Irish Arts Week. He is in Canada for a couple of weeks currently with the key and won't be back till August. I was just going to wait but started having people bug me about when I was going to sell it. Also I owe Patrick money for the two other flutes, so I figured I could get the sale going and have Arron ship the key to whoever takes the flute. Sounds crazy but it's true. If people don't feel comfortable with that arrangement, than I will just pay out of my savings(which my wife will beat me with a frying pan for doing) :swear: but oh well. :lol: It's a stunning flute that get comments all the time about how amazing it looks. It has the upgraded wide rings and has a half lined head joint. I am asking 4,700 hundred for it. I did a bunch of searches to find out what the going price was, and it seems like I am below the norm. I could have done ebay, but I know you all(kinda :lol: ), and would love one of you all to have it. One word of advice, boxwood is lighter in color and weight and makes a great flute. That being said, it requires more attention and should not be bought if you don't have time to take good care of it.

Oh yea, this flute is only a year old.

PICS Below

http://gallery.me.com/joshuadukes#10021 ... lack&sel=0

My email is joshuadukes@mac.com or PM me
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Olwell for sale

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Agh! Must save for drones. Must. Save. For. Drones.

Would you take a lovely boxwood keyless in partial trade? ;-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Speaking of, having bought said keyless boxwood flute from Josh, I am more than happy to vouch for his bona fides as a seller. And his playing ... well, nobody needs to speak for him there; it speaks for itself.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
joshD

Post by joshD »

It's spoken for just like that. Lol.. Cathy emailed me almost as soon as I hit the button.
Denny

Post by Denny »

:lol: but she's been droning fer ages!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

:lol:

Talk about goofy. I sold myself on the thing! Dang, I should be in advertising!

Actually, I've been on Patrick's list for a while, so I guess it all makes sense in the end.

Coming soon: Keyless Boxwood Olwell, which I bought from Josh on a similar impulse several years ago, a mad fantastic wonderful brilliant beast I'll be sorry to say goodbye to. :-(
Denny

Post by Denny »

oh boy!

So Josh, tell us about yer new Olwell. Oh, and how long it'll be 'fore Cat gets that one?

Ah.....I do not want to know the model of the keyless..... Really..... Right :tomato:
eilam

Post by eilam »

Denny wrote: Ah.....I do not want to know the model of the keyless..... Really..... Right :tomato:
yes, please don't tell us !!!
joshD

Post by joshD »

Lol...

The new flutes that I am waiting for eagerly are a antique Beckett in cocus wood with small holes and bore and a c keyless in blackwood. I feel like I little child waiting for Christmas morning. I will post pics when I get it. I have to send payment today so should be soon!!!!
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

So you're switching from a keyed Olwell to a keyed Antique, regarding D flutes? Have you played the Beckett before?

Brave man you are, I certainly would keep the Olwell... :D
lesl
Tell us something.: Hello, I'm Lesl, I teach and play Irish flute. Just updating my web address. Thank you for reading this!

Post by lesl »

now hang on, not to shift away from said 7 key, but ok its taken care of now, so what about Cat's keyless Oilwell? I've a student coming in an hour 1/2 who needs a floot!- Lesl
joshD

Post by joshD »

LOL.... I thought about keeping it, but the boxwood flute needs more attention then a second string flute receives. I couldn't trust myself to maintain two flutes the way they should be. Besides, the flute deserves to be played regularly. It's to nice to let it sit in the closet with occasional cameo appearances. I played the Beckett for the better half of the Catskills and I loved it. Pat O stayed with us and had his bag of antique goodies with him :o . DAMN THAT MAN!! :swear: :lol: :lol: At least I know Cathy and I know that it's going to a good home. :)
joshD

Post by joshD »

Also I have a keyless Pratten Olwell still and a keyless C model coming in the next couple of months. I still have a good arsenal :lol: :D
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Man, I wish concertinas were that "cheap" :-)
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

joshD wrote:LOL.... I thought about keeping it, but the boxwood flute needs more attention then a second string flute receives. I couldn't trust myself to maintain two flutes the way they should be. Besides, the flute deserves to be played regularly. It's to nice to let it sit in the closet with occasional cameo appearances. I played the Beckett for the better half of the Catskills and I loved it. Pat O stayed with us and had his bag of antique goodies with him :o . DAMN THAT MAN!! :swear: :lol: :lol: At least I know Cathy and I know that it's going to a good home. :)
Antiques need love and attention as well! Good for you lad jumping on the 'geezer flute bandwagon.' I totally support your decision! :thumbsup:
Arbo