Anyone applying?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
hans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Anyone applying?

Post by hans »

Is there any hag (female OR male) out there looking for a carrier advancement?
A job centre is advertising a "witch" vacancy with tourist site Wookey Hole, in Somerset, for £50,000 a year.

The witch, who has to live in the site's caves, is expected to teach witchcraft and magic.

Wookey Hole staff say the role is straightforward: live in the cave, be a witch and do the things witches do.

It said ambitious witches looking for a "key career move" should arrive dressed for work armed with any "essential witch accoutrements".

Due to sexual discrimination law, the job cannot demand that the post is filled by a woman.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8138665.stm

So there you go lads, the ultimate cross-dresser's job for you!
emmline

Re: Anyone applying?

Post by emmline »

I doubt if most witches would enjoy living in a cave.
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

emmline wrote:I doubt if most witches would enjoy living in a cave.
With a fire and good ventilation a cave may be quite bearable. With a bear to snuggle up to even more. But those tourists trapsing through to ogle at you are the really annoying factor. Wookey Hole is an awful Disneyland-like setup. Well, if they get a real witch, all that could change in a wink. But then they may launch another Christan offense, with holy-water-throwing and into-stone-turning... Better read the small print in the employment contract.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

On one pagan web-forum I belong to, this advertisement was posted four separate times. The interest is there.

At 50 grand p.a., and working only the Summer Months, I'd consider it, even though I'm more Druidic than Witchy. The Equal Ops people insist that men are interviewed as well as women.

Taunton Moot may find a few takers. A lady I knew in Somerset would certainly have applied, had she not passed away last year.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

With a name like Wookey Hole, they should
advertise for one of these:

hans

Post by hans »

unfortunately they only got Him:

I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

And to think I studied Alchemy instead. Should have known that witchcraft was where the employment opportunities were.

Come to think of it, weren't the tall hats and use of brooms advertising for a new brew of beer? The old witches use to be quite the brewers if my memory serves me right.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Pammy

Post by Pammy »

So I. B. did you go to Stonehendge for the summer solstice?
Life is good!!!
Even when I am Miss Understood!!!
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

emmline wrote:I doubt if most witches would enjoy living in a cave.
They prolly mean 'goth'.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

my youngest just graduated from high school, and still has no idea what he's going to do....

....I'm forwarding this to him!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Pammy wrote:So I. B. did you go to Stonehendge for the summer solstice?
No.

Stonehenge is for tourists.

I go to AVEBURY stone circle for the WINTER solstice. Don't see the point in celebrating the dying of the light, although I do mark the occasion. This year our moot went up to Coombe Hill and enjoyed the drumming - a drumming group goes up there for the solstice, and they're pretty good - and meet some friends with whom I dance, and set off some sky lanterns. And we had a very quick, very casual circle. But it was all good.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!