Odd News

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Re: Odd News

Post by dubhlinn »

And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

One of my favourite albums...

Bring on Yoshimi...the world needs her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JymToS4A ... re=related

Slan,
D. :D

W.B.Yeats
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

mutepointe wrote:What is it with us and Zombies? I know what it is with me. I want free house servants. What is it with you folks?

It's called media desensitization. When the zombie apocalypse arrives in 2012, you'll be glad you were prepared.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote:One of my favourite albums...

Slan,
Wow....the Flaming Lips. I'm impressed.

;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
emmline

Post by emmline »

mutepointe wrote:Don't be acting like YOU PEOPLE don't know what I be talking about. We talk about Zombies more than teenage boys. Ask emm's kid, he'll tell you.
He says he'd like to be a professional zombie exterminator, and he's narrowed down his list of questions he'd ask the client at first phone contact that would help him ascertain just what kind of zombie he'd be dealing with. (Need to know which truck to bring, and all that.)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

izzarina wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:One of my favourite albums...

Slan,
Wow....the Flaming Lips. I'm impressed.

;)

The drinking mans Pink Floyd.

A mighty band...

Slan,

W.B.Yeats
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote: A mighty band...
Well, yeah. *I* knew that. I just wouldn't have predicted that you knew that. Unpredictability is good ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
caedmon

Post by caedmon »

I am prepared for the coming zombie invasion. I have taken note of every grocery story along my work commute that has barred windows and doors. They are the places you want to hole up. Thousands of rounds of ammo + grocery store = surviving the invasion.
Chad Wilson

Some whistles, an old fiddle, an old banjo, a bass, a guitar and a bodhran
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

mutepointe wrote:What is it with us and Zombies? I know what it is with me. I want free house servants. What is it with you folks?
The smell.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

s1m0n wrote:The smell.
Yes, I wonder if Zombie Tattoo Guy plans to bathe daily in Eau de Putrefying Flesh in order to enhance the multisensory authenticity.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

MTGuru wrote:
Yes, I wonder if Zombie Tattoo Guy plans to bathe daily in Eau de Putrefying Flesh in order to enhance the multisensory authenticity.
I suppose he could move in next door to a tannery. Or a rendering plant.

One of these days I'll tell the "what happened with the dementing resident of subsidised housing who began hoarding (not unusual) MEAT (unusual!) in his fridge-less apartment" story.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

s1m0n wrote:
The smell.
Simon, a person rarely gets an opportunity to tell you that you have an incomplete knowledge of a subject. Here's a link to wikipedia, a good place for you to start to maybe learn something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

If that Voodoo Zombie showed up over 10 years after they died, there could not have been much decomposition if the family still recognized the person. And if the townfolk didn't mention nothing about the smell, perhaps there wasn't one. Geesh Simon. Read a book or something.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Way back in the 80s, when my life was taking a *very* different path, I found myself living for a few months in a house in Parkdale (a then run-down and dangerous part of Toronto) with several other men, one of whom I'd befriended in a bar, and all of whom were a couple of decades older than I. As you might imagine, not one us was doing all that good a job at the game of life.

One of the guys had the two attic rooms, along with about a dozen (or maybe more likely four) cats. He had no litter box, and the cats didn't go outside. It *really* stank. No one else ever went there, or even tolerated him leaving the door open at the bottom of the stairs.

Apart from that, tho, he was a lovely guy. A one-time journalist (he'd have said "newspaperman") working for Canada's finest broadsheet, who'd finally drunk his way out of a field as drunk-tolerant as that. He could be funny, witty, interesting, whatever. What he couldn't be was on the ball enough to clean up the sh*t.

"How can you live up there?" one of my other roommates asked.

"That's easy!" he said, opening another beer. "I get to the top of the stairs, and it hits me, and I think 'that stinks!' And then about a minute later I stop noticing the smell, and I'm good until the next time I come back downstairs..."

C.S. Lewis
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

s1m0n wrote:
MTGuru wrote:
I suppose he could move in next door to a tannery. Or a rendering plant.

One of these days I'll tell the "what happened with the dementing resident of subsidised housing who began hoarding (not unusual) MEAT (unusual!) in his fridge-less apartment" story.
It's so easy to laugh when it's not YOUR life - uh, whatever. Zombies face all sorts of difficulties and prejudices, and as has already been admitted here, are trafficked in for domestic work and abuse. Even animals have rights. Zombies should have rights, too. A march for Zombie rights was protested by Pirates, and there are a lot of Pirates here at C&F. Pirates get to sail where they're not wanted and pillage and go "Arr", and no one here says a thing. But the Zombies continue to be oppressed, and it's only because the're sort of dead that this is complacently perpetuated and ignored for what it is.

Oh, c'mon. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

from Seattle
Seattle sewage flowing through wooden pipelines

since 1935....74 years?