Please allow me to introduce myself;

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Holt
antispam: No

Post by Holt »

Paul, my impatience is the reason I never realy mastered the piano or guitar. I wasn't learning or progressing fast enough to suit me, getting bored with being mediocre, I stopped trying to learn. So I'm stuck in a rut playing rhythm guitar, although in any key, in front of anyone, (I wouldn't play piano in front of anyone outside of my own family!)

Perhaps at the more mellow age of 49 I'll be willing to make the commitment to learn to play a more "natural" instrument!
Tommy
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Welcome, Tommy! I hope that you have a lot of fun with your new whistles and on the board.

Erik
Leluka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Leluka »

Howdy! Speaking of fitting in, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the theme of this years Celtic Festival here in Dallas is going to be the Irish/Mexican connection... I must not be the first mexican to catch WhOA!!!
Holt

Post by Holt »

Kim, I can't get it to work here, but here's the address; http://fingertrip.net/whistle/index.html
Scroll down about 20 titles and click on!

maby you can post it, or show me how.
Tommy
Holt

Post by Holt »

Wow, I guess it did work!
Tommy
Kim in Tulsa

Post by Kim in Tulsa »

Here is is:

http://fingertrip.net/whistle/mp3/hector.mp3

I just right-clicked and selected "properties" then that gave me the url.

K
"Whistling women and crowing hens never come to no good end"
Kim in Tulsa

Post by Kim in Tulsa »

Oh yes, I heard that version before...

I just played along with it using my Hoover High D.

It is beautiful.

K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kim in Tulsa on 2003-01-18 18:03 ]</font>
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Hi Tommy...welcome to the board. I'm a horse type too, until one had the audacity to just stand there quietly minding his own business while I broke my leg trying to get on him bareback. The nerve!

Most of us were beginners once, though some of us sprang to being fully capable of playing damned near any instrument first time, complete with swing, lilt and ornamentation. I should be so lucky. I feel like a perpetual beginner, though I can read music, make the notes, and even keep up with others while they play.

Enjoy whistling. Whistles are a lot easier to stick in your back pocket than a guitar is.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

On 2003-01-18 17:36, Leluka wrote:
Howdy! Speaking of fitting in, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the theme of this years Celtic Festival here in Dallas is going to be the Irish/Mexican connection... I must not be the first mexican to catch WhOA!!!
Probably not! Mexican Hat Dance (which would easily qualify as a jig) and Cielito Lindo both sound great on the whistle. Besides, Flaco Jimenez is probably one of the finest accordion players there is.
Holt

Post by Holt »

Thanks for all the "welcome"s,.. I'm looking forward to to having fun with all of you, and learning from you!
Tommy
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Welcome from a fellow newbie!

While I do like sushi and imported beer, I also like blackeyed peas, collard greens, and hushpuppies, as well as country music...(I'm sorry...)...and horses.

So, I think you'll fit in just fine!

Robin
Holt

Post by Holt »

Spittin, I could send you a recipe for greens that'll make you think you've died and gone to heaven! And there's beer in 'em(imported, if you like!)

Thanks for the welcome from Mass.!
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Welcome to ya Tommy. Take your boots off and have a seat. You are going to love this place. I`m a horse guy myself although Molly just tried to kick the poop out of me. Moody gal. My beverage of choice is Old Rip VanWinkle though, a finer bourbon I have not yet found, and blackbeer of course. You will find a wealth of knowledge here and a joyus bunch of the finest folk you would ever want to meet. Have fun.

Tom
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

I'd love a recipe for greens with beer in them, although I think I make some pretty mean greens myself. By the way, I have many many relatives in western Oklahoma, and some of my fondest memories are of visiting my grandparents' farm and having their homegrown blackeyed peas. I still have them every New Years, without fail. And oh, those old red dirt roads...

Robin
Holt

Post by Holt »

The recipe is in the E-mail!
Tommy