Pet hate

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dwest

Re: Pet hate

Post by dwest »

Nanohedron wrote:
The difference is that I have no urge whatsoever to pet politicians or scratch behind their ears. Nor feed them.
I have fed them several times a year, my urge to pet them has never arisen, scratching on the other hand is an attractive thought. I help maintain a feral colony both in Richmond and Washington DC, we haven't had any success in getting them neutered. We thought about injectable sterilization for the females but there are so few it hardly seems worth the effort.
chrisoff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

BillChin wrote:
I don't own the paper, it's a company subscription that gets left there for all employees to read.
That changes things, and makes me want to side with the other person even more.

From their side, some person comes early, takes the company paper, goes to make coffee, go to the bathroom, and then expects to return to monopolizing the company paper for the entire time. Personally, I would complain about the paper monopolizer, much more than a person that decides to read an unoccupied company newspaper.

Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot. Another person is tired of the company newspaper monopolizer, decides to come even earlier, marks it with their breakfast on top of the paper, take even a longer break from reading the paper, and then expects to return to the paper after that long break while everyone else in the break room is supposed to wait in obeyance. How would that make you feel?
:really:

You're management aren't you?

You're also exaggerating.

The coffee comes from a machine a few steps away from the table the paper is on. It doesn't take long to pour into a cup and add milk and sugar. There's no monopoly, just a five minute window beginning with me as the only person in the room, beginning to read a newspaper and expecting to continue reading said newspaper after I've taken a 30 second break to add milk and sugar to my cup of coffee.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Your management types sound much like cats.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:Your management types sound much like cats.
Rat and cat do rhyme.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Every time I try reading a newspaper at home my cat decides to be sociable and lies on the paper. Every cat I've every owned has done the same.
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

I see three solutions to this problem,

Get to work earlier

Buy your own paper.

Stop whining, if he's the boss, he's paid for the paper.

Technically that's only two solutions and an instruction, but whadyagonnadoooooo?
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Infernaltootler wrote:Stop whining, if he's the boss, he's paid for the paper.
Actually, Chris' employee labour has also paid for the paper. Except when he's slacking off in the kitchen. Idler.

I'm surprised no one has yet brought up "Pet hate" (UK, I guess) vs. "Pet peeve" (US).

I almost mis-typed "Pet hat". Hmmm ...

Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

That pet hat seems dangerous. Small dogs often have weak bladders...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:That pet hat seems dangerous. Small dogs often have weak bladders...
A piddling concern.

But the guy's hair does seem a bit wet, doesn't it. Yikes.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

dwest wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
The difference is that I have no urge whatsoever to pet politicians or scratch behind their ears. Nor feed them.
I have fed them several times a year, my urge to pet them has never arisen, scratching on the other hand is an attractive thought. I help maintain a feral colony both in Richmond and Washington DC, we haven't had any success in getting them neutered. We thought about injectable sterilization for the females but there are so few it hardly seems worth the effort.
I wasn't aware of any feral politician colonies in Richmond, although my wife lived well away from the capitol when I was spending time there. DC, yes. Let us know if you discover a way to neuter and spay all the politicians. I'll nominate you for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
herbivore12
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by herbivore12 »

So just take your coffee black, like a real man. Then you'll be able to get back to your paper before that wicked Canadian shows up.

Milk and sugar are for pansies, anyway.

(I think it was Christopher Fry who said, "Coffee in England is just toasted milk." Seems about right.)
dwest

Post by dwest »

chas wrote:
dwest wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
I wasn't aware of any feral politician colonies in Richmond, although my wife lived well away from the capitol when I was spending time there. DC, yes. Let us know if you discover a way to neuter and spay all the politicians. I'll nominate you for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Oddly enough they congregate around and inside the Captial Building in Richmond. They have a strange behavior. They are all over the Capital for a few months and then they dissappear. If I could just stop whatever is the cause of migration.....
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

chrisoff wrote: There's no monopoly, just a five minute window beginning with me as the only person in the room...
Walk away..right now...you're starting to sound like them now...

Slan,
D. :lol:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

This is the weirdest thread ever. Well, maybe not ever....this week. But it's still weird. :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

herbivore12 wrote:(I think it was Christopher Fry who said, "Coffee in England is just toasted milk." Seems about right.)
Milk from unkempt cows, I call it.
izzarina wrote:This is the weirdest thread ever. Well, maybe not ever....this week. But it's still weird. :P
You say that as if it's a bad thing.