GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by crookedtune »

sjcavy wrote:see the problem is I have no more instrument money until I buy a set of uilleann pipes. and.... I have borrowed my friends parks whistle.

It's still too loud.

my roomate can almost hear me breathe through his wall.

he can hear me type. that's how sad my apartment is.
Whistle's too loud. Switch to pipes. Sure, makes sense to me. :)
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
sjcavy
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

lol, yeah...might not make any sense...

and yes, reedbiter.

I always usually do it anyway.

but the management has asked me to stop playing that "flutey-thingy" because people are asking who the musician is. I really dislike this apartments management team.

so I'm going to play uilleann pipes when I get them.

and if that doesn't work I will whip out the big guns (GHB's) and blast away on those until I get evicted.
Just a newbie making his way through the world.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

sjcavy,

Are you defined by what people don't like?

Find out what they do like and play it full volume.

God? Every arguement I have seen discounts that any kind of supreme creator also created (creates) time - a big mistake.

I once silenced a neighbor's loud rockabilly music at 3 in the morning by painting a pentagram of banishment on his door in my own blood. It did the trick. ... perhaps you are somewhat over-sensitive ;)

(edited to say that the blood came from me pounding on his door - I do not like rockabilly music - but, at least I gave him the call to come confront me where we could settle the dispute face to face - he declined .. hence lost .. and allowed me to take absolute control of him. Respect yourself - your justification for your presence in life is at least as valid as your detractor .. and who is it creating, and who destroying?)
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Mick Down Under
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mick Down Under »

Still begs the question of how big a pentagram? Even with the edit, Mitch. Too much and the neighbour might have thought you sacrificed some(one)thing to paint it there. :o :D

Mick.

P.S The BD is a beaut, But I told you that already.
Such is life...
Ned Kelly just before the b#sta*rds hung him!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Mick Down Under wrote:Still begs the question of how big a pentagram? Even with the edit, Mitch. Too much and the neighbour might have thought you sacrificed some(one)thing to paint it there. :o :D

Mick.

P.S The BD is a beaut, But I told you that already.
<snigger>

At the risk of taking it all to proctology .. it was a big one ;) ... such is my dislike for rockabilly .. and the gratuous regurgitation of pre-recorded music as an expression of identity foist on a community .. the young need tutoring by whatever means ...

No goats died in the incident :lol: I give far more to the Red Cross every year! .. If he'd confronted me, he was afraid it would have been his blood .. winning happens way before fighting ;)

When I play - it is for god's trust in my creation - whistles bring me closer to life in every case. Sure, it is not the easy path - but it leads to good paths.

(Edited to say - I still regard Erle's whistles as the best value to be had anywhere - the BD is no mistake)
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
sjcavy
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

Now wouldn't that be a sweet Halloween instrument.

A bloodwhistle, with either matte black mounts, or bone/charcoal finish. just boil the metal and then let it sit out in the cold. (we do it with blackpowder rifles all the time.) but then, to top off said CREEPY whistle, a huge pentagram engraved into the mounts.

ps.... just a weird idea, we re all entitled to one in our lives.

and yeah, I really don't care what others say, I am moving to a new place anyways. The people next to me really hate my didgeridoo....they keep calling maintenance to see if their fridge is broken. But, now that I have circular breathing down, NO ONE CAN STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA :twisted:
ThorntonRose

Post by ThorntonRose »

Try one of these: http://www.technopipes.com/
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Sean,

Buy ear-plugs for your flat-mate. They're cheaper than a new whistle.

On the other topic, I thought the babel fish had settled all this "Is there a god" business?
PJ
sjcavy

Post by sjcavy »

Yeah, but I can't use babelfish as a source. lol. and my roomate is moving out on may 16th!
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

sjcavy wrote:and my roomate is moving out on may 16th!
Meaning that you've finally driven him insane? :lol:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Protean wrote:I recommend:

http://www.parkswhistles.com/

Carey makes whistles with "tone rings" which can be used to significantly reduce the volume of a whistle. I bought mine so I could practice while my wife and daughters are sleeping. It works brilliantly. I bought the Walkabout, rather than the standard Every Whistle, because it breaks down into 3 pieces and slips into a pocket. So now I've always got a whistle with me and I can make it quiet if I need to.

Hey Protean, how is Cnat fingered on this whistle?

I want one that has a solid oxxooo fingering for Cnat (like Susato & Water Weasel).

The adjustable windway is brilliant!

Thx for the info,
Aldon
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
sjcavy

Post by sjcavy »

Yes! I drove him insane! and all the way back to Indiana. What a pig. lol
Whistler Bard
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Whistler Bard »

sjcavy wrote:Yes! I drove him insane! and all the way back to Indiana. What a pig. lol
Hahahah, that's the whistlers way!!!

I tend to practise after work, so there's still no one at home (appartment). Outside those hours (or minutes) I play in the car when I'm waiting for someone. That's pretty much it, sometime I have some hours, other times I don't have a minute whatsoever.

Cheers!
hoopy mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hoopy mike »