dog bunny wife interface picture thread

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
CHasR
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

dog bunny wife interface picture thread

Post by CHasR »

Mrs CHasR

wants a

Image.

However, we also haveImage
, a HIGHLY original dog that purrs, has caught and killed squirrels, brought me mice, can catch a grasshopper and jump 5.3 feet vertically from a standing position, and we also have a few of these lying around.

My question is: can dog and bunny

co-exist???

OR are we looking at
this*
kind of situation If bunny somehow escapes??? :-?
(Both animals may have to spend considerable time on their own)

experienced dog/bunny/spousal interface experts need only reply. thx :party:

*squeamish alert
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Re: dog bunny wife interface picture thread

Post by avanutria »

This could be the creation of an interesting sport in which all questions and answers are visualised with the aid of Google Images...
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

When I was about to get married, I had a postcard of Marilyn Monroe on my wall at work. I got asked "Is that your fiancée?"

My wife looks good, but does not really resemble Marilyn Monroe. She's brunette for a start.

My friend Josie has a dog that I walk regularly. She also used to have a rabbit, although the rabbit died not long ago. It was a second-hand rabbit and may have been a lot older than she was told.

The dog and rabbit got on very well. In the house, the rabbit would leap all over the dog and "mark" the dog's bed. I would have kept the rabbit out of the house, but it wasn't down to me. Ouside the house, the dog would chase the rabbit. It's not a very big garden, but Clara (the dog) very rarely managed to catch Billy (the rabbit). And nothing happened when she did.

Clara is (obviously) a bitch and is quite gentle. But in the main, critters that have to share a home tend to get along.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

No experience with dogs, but we had a cat who was a good hunter and added a rabbit. We let the rabbit roam around the cat once. Once. Cat seemed nonchalant before pouncing. The rabbit was unharmed, but we only let the rabbit out of his cage when we knew the cat wasn't around after that.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:My wife looks good, but does not really resemble Marilyn Monroe. She's brunette for a start.
So was Monroe. For a start (as it were). :wink:

I suppose you could say that Monroe didn't really resemble Monroe, either. Dyed herself blonde for a commercial, and the legend was conceived if not altogether born.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:Cat seemed nonchalant before pouncing.
Yes, some cats are very, very good at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse me...is the idea supposed to be that I am supposed to be posting pics in this thread? Just asking.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Coursing anyone?
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
dwest

Post by dwest »

I have a number of friends who course with whippets or wolfhunds. They get along fine with rabbits, just don't show them a white plastic bag or there will be heck to pay. One of them even has a car license plate that says RN BUNY. :twisted:
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

dwest wrote:One of them even has a car license plate that says RN BUNY.
unfortunately, all the google images of Registered Nurse Bunnies are, well, x-rated. :(
Truth be told, Mrs CHasR is a curvaceous sandy blonde, :) whose body type closely matches the starlet in question. Facially, however, I will admit, there is little resemblance.

Suppose dog and bunny dont really hit it off... how long can the rabbit decently remain in the hutch? :really:
emmline

Post by emmline »

My sister had a German Shepherd and a bunny (both now deceased--natural causes.) The rabbit lived
in a large cage in the kitchen, and the dog just watched it with interest. One day, when all humans were
out, the dog, Ursa, figured out how to undo the bunny cage latch with her nose, and the people returned
home to find the bunny exploring the house while Ursa followed it around, keeping watch and occasionally
whuffling it with her nose. She was just that kind of dog.
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

emmline wrote: the dog, Ursa, figured out how to undo the bunny cage latch with her nose,....
Best case scenario.
Lizzie has dumb days and brilliant ones, so its a 50/50 chance if she could open a latch, or get stuck in it.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

CHasR wrote:...has caught and killed squirrels
That's the problem. Most dogs kept as pets don't know how to kill. They've got the instinct, but never having had to use it, they don't.

Dogs that do, however, are different. They don't forget, and given that it takes only a second (the canine kill-mode is to grab the prey by the neck and shake, snapping it's neck) you can never be quite certain that it won't, if it's playing with smaller animals.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

The possibility exists that the squirrel in mention died of a coronary. Aforementioned dog did , in fact, leave the carcass and came when called. ( it of course being Thanksgiving morning 2004, there was the chance that she might also get that as-yet uncooked turkey. )

True either way, 'cos ya just cant make this kinda stuff up, ya know???
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

My dog is an excellent mouser, and he has caught and killed jackrabbits (used to be pretty quick as a youngster), but I have taught him to completely ignore the chickens. I'd say there is hope. It all depends on the dog and the training. Some can learn it, some can't.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Denny

Post by Denny »