April Fools Day and good pranks.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

April Fools Day and good pranks.

Post by pipersgrip »

Here is a pretty funny article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/3 ... alacarte=1

The worst AFD prank I ever pulled was not that bad. My mom is a jumpy person, and I have always feared of giving her a heart attack. I put saran wrap over the toilet seat once, but I had to clean it up. I usually put a fake rat in the cabinets and put a rubber band over the hand held water hose thing of the kitchen sink. What was your best prank?
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
jsluder

Re: April Fools Day and good pranks.

Post by jsluder »

In high school, a good friend of mine named Chuck went on a family vacation (to Hawaii) while school was still in session. He told all his teachers that he would take his books with him and study on the trip. Yeah, right. We shared a locker, and all his books were still in there. Now, his return from vacation just happened to coincide with April Fool's Day. An evil plan burst fully-formed from my brain, like Athena from the mind of Zeus... only less god-like... and more evil-plan-like.

Anyway, since Chuck was always playing jokes, it was easy to enlist the help of classmates and, most importantly, teachers. Upon his return from vacation, there just happened to be an "unannounced pop-quiz" in every one of his classes. When he protested that he'd been gone, the teachers replied, "You said you'd be studying during your trip, so you should be just as ready as the rest of the class." Of course, the rest of the class already had all the answers to the quiz. He failed all but one quiz. (He cheated on that one, and the teacher knew it.)

Chuck was also the editor of the school newspaper sports page. He'd done a complete layout of the page before he left for vacation, since the paper would be going to the printer on April 2nd. This was in the days before everything was done on computers, so this was a physical, cut-and-paste paper page layout, which took a lot of time. While he was away, the teacher responsible for the newspaper team made a duplicate sports page layout... and ripped it up. When Chuck returned, he was told that someone had broken into the newspaper room and destroyed all the layouts two days before, and all the other page editors had already redone their pages. Chuck frantically completed a new page layout, which was substantially different from his original. When the newspaper came out a few days later, his original page was in it. That's when we told him about the whole evil plan. :D
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Well, last year we got a Chicken Chucker from American Science and Surplus
"shoots pullets instead of bullets!"

but the gun part broke, so now we have a bag of two dozen tiny rubber chickens.

Today my son and I are going to put them in strange places in the refrigerator, so that when my husband comes home from work and gets a snack, he'll get a Pullet Surprise.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

I told my boyfriend that I have the buttflu (ie AIDS). He was really horrified because we've been together a long time and that means he would have had it, too, AND that I had been cheating on him. :)

He was mad at first when I said "April Fool's!" but he got over it. :D

It's the only day of the year that I could get away with such dark, twisted humor. :D
djm

Post by djm »

Your boyfriend doesn't sound too bright. If it had been me, I would have turned it back on you and "confessed" to knowing I'd had it for six months. Then it would have been your turn to sweat it (for an hour or two, anyways). :twisted:
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Haha! He's bright enough, but just gullible I guess. :D

(And besides, I'm simply evil.)
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

This wasn't an April Fools Day but it was a great prank. I was one of the people that it was pulled on. I worked in an office that played Secret Santa like some people play Paint Ball. It was a full contact sport with us. All week long, you got the really great presents that were presented in the most strange manner with the most cryptic clues. On the last day, we had a luncheon. The mystery of Secret Santa was ruined at lunch one year so two people agreed to resolve that problem the next year.

What they did was the best prank of all. The morning of the luncheon, they made everyone give them their unwrapped present (the wrapping was the problem the previous year) they would then wrap the present in generic wrapping paper and the present would be given to the right person at the luncheon.

What they really did was switch the real presents with junky presents that they had found that was the same size and shape. So at the luncheon, they would pick up a present, say who it was for and the giver of the present would beam with pride that it was their present and they would nudge the person sitting next to them. And the person would open the present and it would be a tacky plastic Christmas ornament when it was supposed to be an expenive Christmas ornament. And the receiver of the gift would graciously say thank you and the giver of the gift would be too dumbfounded to speak. I got really confused because I got my person a set of porcelin desk accesories with a green malachite pattern but they kept opening up oranges and bananas. I kept thinking, no, they're supposed to be GREEN not orange and yellow.

Finally and only after all the presents were opened and everything looked like it was over was someone finally able to speak. Mostly, they said, "What & Hey." Then the two folks who pulled the prank laughed and laughed and had the hardest time speaking themselves. And they brought out the real gifts then. They laughed so much that it took them days before they could settle down to explain to us in morning meeting what they had done.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

My daughter up in Maryland got a good one on her sister today. The necessary background info- MD daughter and her husband do not plan on children. It's not medically advisable for her and he's never wanted to be a dad so it works for them. They have both gone to great lengths to be sure they will never pro-create.

Today this MD daughter texts her sister, who knew she had a dr appt. today, and told her sister that she was expecting. That's why she'd been sick, etc. Poor sis, first she suspects AP joke, but they kept on with details until she freaks out, keeps texting her sis, but she puts her off, that she's in a meeting, etc. tells her to contact her husband- he's in on the prank- he verifies the "fact", but says he's too upset to talk about it at the moment. By then her sis, down here is really upset- thinking they might divorce over this, fearful of her sisters health during a pregnancy, etc.

She was NOT AMUSED when they told her it was all for April Fools. :swear:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

My son went to Confirmation class at church last night, which includes a break for dinner. The kids were surprised to see that dinner consisted of large, heavily iced layer cakes. They were even more surprised to see that the "chocolate cake" was actually meatloaf and the "icing" was mashed potatoes :P

The actual dessert was icecream that had been done up to look like pizza.

I came home from my errands and greeted my husband, not sure if he had found all the little rubber chickens I had put in his favorite snack foods. He gave me a big hug...and dropped a handful of rubber chickens down the front of my sweater. Chicken breasts! :lol: