The all-buzzword thread

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: The all-buzzword thread

Post by izzarina »

CHasR wrote:currently attempting to acheive optimal toastage.
Just don't try to reinvent the wheel in your attempt. You don't want to drop the ball on this one.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Innocent Bystander
antispam: No

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Yeah, you need to realign your paradigms so we are all singing from the same hymn-sheet.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
rhulsey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rhulsey »

I have revisited my life's purpose, and found my current trajectory to be shifting to a new paradigm of awareness of the present moment.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

izzarina wrote:
CHasR wrote:currently attempting to acheive optimal toastage.
Just don't try to reinvent the wheel in your attempt. You don't want to drop the ball on this one.

now it looks like I'll be putting feelers out for a study-group designed to enlist an outsourced HR thinkpod just to touch base about possible solution assessment management transitions, to smoothify between the desirability of an optimal toastage situationality and the actuality of a maximal toastage situationality. :(
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

I believe the design should reflect all the tenets of good six sigma design. Oh, and by the way, lets see if we can get cpi=spi=1.0 as a stretch goal. And I'd like to see what your actual cost of work scheduled is for fiscal month end.

Has any one seen the technical performance metrics flowed down from systems yet? We need to translate those into performance metrics at the design level.
Last edited by fel bautista on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent Bystander

Performance indicators - they are the key. Better get some resource on that, going forward.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

My kingdom for a re-contextualized intangible matrix.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

I heard some 'financial expert' (ha-ha, if they were such experts why is the world in this money based meltdown?) waffling on the TV the other day about how you can pick and choose between banks or financial institutions to 'leverage a better position with low impact cost based commitments'. What the hell was that all about? How can you 'leverage' something? Leverage is what you applied to do something, it can't be used in the context of something you are intending to do, as in 'I am going to leverage him'.
It took me a few seconds to figure out what he meant was that you can shop around and get a mortgage with lower interest rates (leverage a better positioin) and therefore have lower repayments (low impact cost based commitments').
Why can't they just speak plain English? They are supposed to be helping folk not bamboozling them!
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

For those of you who, like me, are profoundly buzzword-challenged, here's a cool little Buzzword Generator. Just hit "ENTER" if you have no idea what it is you want, and it'll cook up headscratchers ad nauseam for you until you'll want to run away screaming. :thumbsup:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

Excuse me, one is questionably sane, but one is positive that a lack of intelligence is not in evidence.

That's my favourite saying put in a more obfuscating way, in plain English it means:
Hey! I may be daft, but I'm not stupid!
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I think we need to pow-wow with the stakeholders to make sure we're all on the same page.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Gotta be proactive about that if we're going for the win-win.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Is this is a meme gone viral?

Nothing beats good ol' "features" when describing Microsoft software obstructions and idiosyncracies.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned these other obvious buzz words: drone, hum, whir.
Innocent Bystander

Doug_Tipple wrote:I'm surprised that no one has mentioned these other obvious buzz words: drone, hum, whir.
Let's not confuse pushing the envelope with re-contextualizing our customer experience.