O'Riordan whistles, how do I get on the list?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tantus
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Tantus »

I've been looking all over the place but I can't seem to find a website or phone number for Pat O'Riordan. Anyone care to provide this information?

Nick
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

From the main Chiff and Fipple page:

O'Riordan Music Workshop. 7516 Avalon Drive. Ft. Wayne, IN 46819. Phone (219) 747-2557.

I know the phone number is current, because I placed an order a few weeks ago. He's a really pleasant guy to talk to.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I agree completely with Charlie. Pat is a winner...One caveat: I am in my last 6 months of a 2.5 year wait for my whistles. I e-mailed Pat to find out if my calculations were accurate... He e-mailed me last week to say that my order will be pushed further back...Lots of people are trying to add to their orders. That is no problem, as those additions are taken as new orders. Pat says the challenge is that many current orders are for whistles in a number of different keys. It has slowed him down a bit. He is trying to catch up. I suppose the current wait is between 2.5 and 3 years.
Best.
Byll
livethe question
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by livethe question »

Byll,

What was your order date? Mine was August 3, 2000. When I corresponded with Pat back in October he was sending out orders that had been placed in Jan/Feb of 2000. Hopefully my name is coming up on his list in late spring or early summer.

If I die of a heart attack out of excitement when I'm notified by Pat, does someone want my order? Or maybe I can auction off the chance to take my place if I die? :smile:

take care

jim
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Please send all unwanted whistles to me at:

The National Whistle Depository
666 Center Pond Rd
Nelson, NH 03455

Best,
Chris
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Ordered December 1999

waited 32 Months!!!!!

and worth every minute of it.

Vinny
"Grace . . . It travels outside of Karma."
- Bono -
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I waited about 2 and a half years for some of mine, longer for others. Pat is a great guy.

:smile:
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

I know it would be easier to just call the guy, but how much does one of his whistles cost?
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I don't know if I should let the cat out of the bag, but. . . $125 for a wooden-shaft D, $60 for a second barrel. Seeing what they've been going for on the second-hand market, my jaw dropped when he told me.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Jim...As requested: My order was placed March 5th, 2001.
Best.
Byll
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

Hmmm, not a bad price at all considering how well they are spoken of... Copelands are more expensive then that, very tempting to order one, but im afraid (this may sound harsh) he's going to die before he would make me one :razz:
Anyway, when you buy them on the second hand market, your paying for speed, how fast you can get them
KCJiang

Post by KCJiang »

The area code of Mr. Pat O'Riordan phone number was changed the new area code is (260). I just put my name on the list this morning.
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

Byll,

I'll let you know when mine comes in and that may give you a better idea when yours will be there

take care

jim
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Hi,

I ordered an O'Riordan whistle back in March of '00, and I still haven't received it. But I'm an ol Burke man from many years past and have learned to withstand the wait. Besides, I've waited for so many whistles, for so many years, that now I'm a violin man and practice that instrument instead. -JP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnPalmer on 2003-01-14 00:30 ]</font>