Talent Show

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Caroluna
antispam: No

Talent Show

Post by Caroluna »

I just got this e-mail from our local homeschool group.

Marital arts eh?
I guess that's the sex ed part of the curriculum
:boggle:
crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Talent Show

Post by crookedtune »

At least it didn't say 'marital art's'.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
dwest

Post by dwest »

I don't know how people could misspell "acts." :o
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

crookedtune wrote:At least it didn't say 'marital art's'.
:)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

One of the first and most crucial marital arts a man learns is knowing when to say, "Yes, dear." :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Nanohedron wrote:One of the first and most crucial marital arts a man learns is knowing when to say, "Yes, dear." :wink:
Didn't work at all for me...... :evil:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:One of the first and most crucial marital arts a man learns is knowing when to say, "Yes, dear." :wink:
Didn't work at all for me...... :evil:
Well, yeah, me neither, but it kept the projectiles at a minimum while it lasted.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

The fine art of checking the house for projectile weapons before you bring home the 50" plasma tv is so lost on the youth of today.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Protean
Tell us something.: Amateur whistler for 14 years, amateur fiddler for 30 years. Haven't played either much in a while, looking to get back into it.

Post by Protean »

I just tell my wife, "I'm the man, I make the money! You can't tell me what to do!"

Note: My wife does not read this forum. Please don't make any attempt to seek out her e-mail address and inform her of this post. Please. No, seriously... please. ;)
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

That's a baby DAUGHTER you got there too Protean. Kiss that bass boat good-bye say hello to a line-item for make-up.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Protean
Tell us something.: Amateur whistler for 14 years, amateur fiddler for 30 years. Haven't played either much in a while, looking to get back into it.

Post by Protean »

2 daughters, actually. It's me... all on my own.. against three. I REALLY don't stand a chance. I tell you, by the time they're off to college, I'm going to know more about frilly things than I care to. It doesn't help that my wife has a degree in fashion design and merchandising, either, so I can tell you all about ruching, taffeta, gingham, interfacing, darts, weaves, etc. A real man's man, I am!...
emmline

Post by emmline »

Protean wrote:2 daughters, actually. It's me... all on my own.. against three. I REALLY don't stand a chance.
No, it's true. You don't. We have 3 girls, who are now 22, 20, and 18. Well...then a boy did come along who is now almost 17, but still, a
m/f ratio of 2/4 heavily favored an estrogen-dominant household.
But still...we encourage the males in our domain to have opinions. It's cute.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

The following comments pertain to the fine art of getting along with your spouse. At the dinner table this evening my wife confided in me that she was not happy with all of the "stuff" sitting on our kitchen table and on the metal stand beside the table. I tried to explain to her that I feel comfortable being able to see and easily get to all of my containers of snack items and nutritional suppliments. I wouldn't want them shut away in a cabinet somewhere. Of course, when we are expecting house guests, I have to clean up the mess. In the interior decorating magazines that show a variety of kitchen interiors, I like to see designs that incorporate open shelves filled with all sorts of colorful jars and boxes of food and counter tops partially covered with beautiful fruit, vegetables, and plants. The neat look of bare counter tops and closed cabinet doors feels less homey to me.

I suppose that I am a little selfish and controlling, but at least I allow her all sorts of liberties to redecorate the rooms of the house as she pleases. For example, she didn't ask me when she decided to change the "theme" of our kitchen decor from a "cat theme" to a "chicken theme". Now we have six pictures of roosters on the walls, rooster hand towels, a rooster rug and cutting board. Tonight she informed me that she was thinking about changing the theme of our upstairs bathroom from a "Paris theme" to one that she hasn't decided yet, but it will mean more unnecessary expense, if you ask me. Shucks, I have grown accustomed to all the paintings and sculptures of the Eiffel Tower.
Denny

Post by Denny »

:lol: thankfully mine is not a theme kinda girl

well, unless ya count the FILO stacks on all flat surfaces
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Great story Doug. My wife & I believe in function over decoration. We used to know a lady who completely redecorated her house all the time. One time, she was throwing away perfectly good stuff that happened to match what we had and there were a few things that we needed. She gave them to us. After that, she always gave us first dibs but there were very few things that we needed and we always told her that her other shelves were holding up quite well.

I really don't get throwing away perfectly good canisters, wall decorations, shelves, clocks, and flower pots because you're getting new curtains and they won't match the new curtains and you buy new canisters, wall decorations, shelves, clocks, and other stuff. And when this lady would decorate, she would completely remove everything that could be moved from a kitchen, dining room, or livingroom, then maybe remodel like replace a window with a bay window, break through a wall, repaint or wall paper, change the flooring, buy new furniture, and completely re-do everything. I have known these people for 30 years. I could not count how many times they did this. Once, I went to visit them and couldn't find their house because within a month, they had changed their front porch into a new addition to their home.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦