Dog Facts

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Dog Facts

Post by s1m0n »

djm wrote:How come these Zoroastrians never talk about the cute little pencil mustach?

djm
No no, those are the Zoroastrafarians, an obscure and heretical offshoot of the Pastafarians. As the world knows, Zoroastrianism is the dualist religion, and Zoroastrafarianism is the duelist religion.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
emmline

Post by emmline »

s1m0n wrote:I am impressed with Freddi's dignity, under the circumstances.
Under the circumstances, I guess.
OTOH, this is the same dog that delights in body-slamming me whenever she comes in from her morning potty.
"Glad to see you too," is all I can say, while trying to stay upright. Luckily, I have little dignity.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

s1m0n wrote:Zoroastrianism is the dualist religion, and Zoroastrafarianism is the duelist religion.
It's good to know s1m0n is ever en garde. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

Here is me with Sascha, our new Weimaraner puppy. We just got her Tuesday. It was love at first sight!

Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Another Zorosatrian named Freddy...

Thomaston wrote:Here is me with Sascha, our new Weimaraner puppy. We just got her Tuesday. It was love at first sight!

What a cutie pie! :)
dwest

Post by dwest »

Never enough time to play. :cry:
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Dog Fact:
I do not know the meaning of the word "Embarassed".
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
djm

Post by djm »

Oh, I don't know about that last one. I knew a family whose cocker spaniel was taken in for a hair cut. They took way more off the dog than anyone expected. When the dog was brought home, the kids in the family broke out laughing at this bald little thing. The dog visibly shrank before us and crawled off under a bed to hide. If that isn't embarassment I don't know what is.

djm
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

djm wrote:Oh, I don't know about that last one. I knew a family whose cocker spaniel was taken in for a hair cut. They took way more off the dog than anyone expected. When the dog was brought home, the kids in the family broke out laughing at this bald little thing. The dog visibly shrank before us and crawled off under a bed to hide. If that isn't embarassment I don't know what is.

djm
This is true. I've seen that happen too.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
djm

Post by djm »

Yup, don't tell me dogs don't understand when they are being ridiculed. They can seem so innocent, sometimes, so that when you see they are hurt emotionally it is really disturbing. I still remember this incident, though it occurred forty years ago. She was a very friendly little girl, and when she got all her golden locks shaved off nearly to the hide you could see she was quite devastated. To be laughed at like that by her family really cut her to the bone.

djm
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

My ex (and present neighbour) and I largely saw eye to eye about dogs, but one major area of disagreement was her belief that it is OK to put a costume on a dog. She wanted to get him reindeer ears for Christmas and an elvis suit for Hallowe'en, but I was adamant, and it was my dog.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Sometimes ya' just gotta scratch, sniff and wiggle.