On Common Ground ???

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Belfastman

On Common Ground ???

Post by Belfastman »

Has anyone heard this latest masterpiece by Vallely and Crawford ??? Outstanding music from these 2 boyos !! Unique and beautiful selection of tunes, mostly in C which would give you the old shivers down the back !!! I would strongly encourage any Piper, Flute or Whistle player to get hold of this record. Outstanding. Thanks Lads.
Aanvil
antispam: No

Re: On Common Ground ???

Post by Aanvil »

Belfastman wrote:Has anyone heard this latest masterpiece by Vallely and Crawford ??? Outstanding music from these 2 boyos !! Unique and beautiful selection of tunes, mostly in C which would give you the old shivers down the back !!! I would strongly encourage any Piper, Flute or Whistle player to get hold of this record. Outstanding. Thanks Lads.

I got it!

And Kevin & Cillian were kind enough to sign my copy.

Its fantastic stuff that.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
ElaineT
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by ElaineT »

I picked up a copy at the Lunasa concert. Good stuff! It has both modern arrangements, and some really nice straight trad tracks.
caitlin ruadh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by caitlin ruadh »

Hey all, what label is this on? I need to get a copy for my radio station.

Thanks,

Caitlin
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

caitlin ruadh wrote:Hey all, what label is this on? I need to get a copy for my radio station.

Thanks,

Caitlin
BallyO Records BOR 001
This is a huge label! Even bigger then Virgin Records! ;)
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Jon C. wrote:
caitlin ruadh wrote:Hey all, what label is this on? I need to get a copy for my radio station.

Thanks,

Caitlin
BallyO Records BOR 001
This is a huge label! Even bigger then Virgin Records! ;)
Its huge I tells ya!!
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Got my copy Saturday. Very nice; super well-done and of course, great playing. You definitely suss the heart and soul of Lunasa, there!

And so fun to hear a pair of jigs he taught at Augusta two years ago -- whee, I got to play along (I'm such a geek). :-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Kevin posted about the CD here a week or two ago on several forums. Not to nag, but the search function on this site is kind of handy for stuff like this and saves other people the trouble of repeating themselves ad nauseam (although I suppose that's standard-fare fodder for discussion boards, huh ....).

OK, OK, I nagged. :oops: Anyway, here's the info from the post:

kevflute wrote:

Just letting everyone know that Myself and Cillian Vallely have just released a new CD entitled "On Common Ground".
Featuring mainly the 'C' Flute and Pipes with a couple of 'D' tracks and the odd low whistle set too.
You can hear some of the tracks on our myspace site http://www.myspace.com/crawfordvallelymusic
For the moment this is the only place to purchase the CD although we will have it at gigs also.
We are doing a short run of concerts in the U.S. at the end of March to launch the CD and we will be joined by Donal Clancy on guitar who along with Paul Meehan provided the accompaniment on the album.
XO,
cat the witch.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.