VDay

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

VDay

Post by Jack »

What are you doing for VDay (I mean Valentine's Day, not the other V Day)?
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: VDay

Post by pipersgrip »

I am not a big fan of Vday. It is just a holiday made up for the diamond, chocolate, flowers and stuffed animal companies to get rich. It is too commercial and materialistic of a holiday, not about love at all; sort of like every holiday in today's society. True love is where you don't get mad if you don't get a diamond heart necklace.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

We don't bother with Valentine's Day. It's not necessary in our house.
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I might break out my jewelers tools and some really small chainmail rings and do up a bracelet. Nobody to give it to right now though...
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

For Valentine's Day, we're shooing the kids out of the house and I'm cooking my girlfriend salmon mousse stuffed portobello mushrooms with white wine butter sauce (buerre blanc). Served by candlelight, naturally. In the center of the table will be a red glass vase with an arrangement of white lilies and a single red rose in the middle. After dinner will be a candlelit black currant and vanilla aromatherapy soak in the tub, with soft music in the background.

A girl needs to be pampered every now and then...

(after she's all aswoon from my valentines day attentions, I plan on offering her an engagement ring. Padding my chances, you see. :wink: )
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I'm planning a big massacre. Got the tommy guns and ammunition - period pieces, but ya gotta do these things right. The gangs are arranged to meet at the big brick wall, and we have the jalopies all ready around the corner. We'll slay 'em!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Wanderer wrote:For Valentine's Day, we're shooing the kids out of the house and I'm cooking my girlfriend salmon mousse stuffed portobello mushrooms with white wine butter sauce (buerre blanc). Served by candlelight, naturally. In the center of the table will be a red glass vase with an arrangement of white lilies and a single red rose in the middle. After dinner will be a candlelit black currant and vanilla aromatherapy soak in the tub, with soft music in the background.

(after she's all aswoon from my valentines day attentions, I plan on offering her an engagement ring. Padding my chances, you see. :wink: )
Aha! The weight loss business is explained. You are planning to fill up on Salmon Mousse-stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.... :thumbsup:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Wanderer wrote: (after she's all aswoon from my valentines day attentions, I plan on offering her an engagement ring. Padding my chances, you see. :wink: )
Awwww!!! That's wonderful!!! :love:

As for us, we went to dinner last night. Mr Izz, midway through the meal, remembered it was the 14th on Saturday, and said "Oh, this is your Valentine's Day dinner". He's so romantic :P We actually never do anything for the day, so dinner was a bit of a bonus.

;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
missy

Post by missy »

It's my birthday!

But I'll spend the time running Noah back and forth for a school play. They are doing Romeo and Juliet, set in the 20th century (my first statement to that was "West Side Story"? but no) and Noah is Capulet. They performed last night, tonight, and twice on Saturday.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm working all day tomorrow but tonight I'm spending with my boyfriend. I bought him all kinds of stuff. He better've bought me something good! :D

Since leaving Quakerism (where no holidays were celebrated) this is my first Valentine's Day! :)

The material aspect of Valentine's Day is my favorite part.
Last edited by Jack on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
djm

Post by djm »

Cofaigh wrote:some really small chainmail rings
Nothing says love like chainmail.

Wanderer, I think you'll find the daterape drug is cheaper and works much faster.

Never had VD myself. I wonder why there's no Sadie Hawkins Day ...

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

:P Have a happy VD everybody....
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

djm wrote: Wanderer, I think you'll find the daterape drug is cheaper and works much faster.
The sex part is the least of my worries, mate.;)
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

I'm continuing the tradition of cooking for my wife and avoiding the restaurant madness. We're doing ours tonight, since we have to go out of town this weekend.
The menu for tonight is steak tips, sliced onion, and potato wedges sauteed together with mozzarella melted on top. Garlic bread on the side. Not a culinary masterpiece, but we're meat and potatoes kind of people. :)
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Wanderer wrote:For Valentine's Day, we're shooing the kids out of the house and I'm cooking my girlfriend salmon mousse stuffed portobello mushrooms with white wine butter sauce (buerre blanc). Served by candlelight, naturally. In the center of the table will be a red glass vase with an arrangement of white lilies and a single red rose in the middle. After dinner will be a candlelit black currant and vanilla aromatherapy soak in the tub, with soft music in the background.

Good luck with the amatory plans :thumbsup:

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps