Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
gregdidge
antispam: No

Re: Devondancer update

Post by gregdidge »

It's so good to hear that Lesley is standing and still has her sense of humor.
Give her our love. And take some for yourself Roland, you need it as well.
It is important not to mistake the edge of a rut for the horizon!

Greg
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

Good for you both.

A little bit better each day is all it takes.

Rest easy!

mark
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

Things continue to go well for Lesley and she has had a busy morning. I have come home for an hour now while she has her physio and will go back after that, when she has had a rest. This morning I went in, to be met by the ward sister and told that Lesley had been moved to the High Dependency Unit (HDU) and a single room. More old friends for her, of course, on that ward. This is real progress. She only has the heart monitor now and has been disconnected from everything else, to her relief.

While I was there this morning, with the laptop, Lesley worked out the guitar chords to a tune, which gave her something different to do for a while. I am so glad I gave her that music programme for Christmas - it has given her music while she can't play any of her instruments. Then the staff got her out of bed into her chair, where she was supposed to sit still and rest for a while, but I could see her testing her muscles and moving her feet and legs under her rug. She will not be sitting down for long. She also managed to pick up various small objects without dropping them, (a pencil and a whistle, actually - might as well be something useful!) so she will soon be playing again.

I went home for lunch and to let her rest, and returned to find her room full of student nurses! Apparently one of the students on her ward had gone into her room in tears, struggling with drug calculations that she was to be tested on this afternoon. Lesley sorted her out and showed her the formula, and the young nurse then asked if she could bring some friends along as they were all being tested today! So, when I arrived there was my dear wife apparently teaching maths to a group of young girls!! They were all very grateful, and Lesley enjoyed the teaching, but she was very tired, so I stayed only a short time before leaving her to rest, have her physio and to rest again. I shall go back to her after tea. She is amazing, and people know so quickly that she will help them!

Again, she has loved all your messages and is so grateful to you for your kindness. She sends her love to you all and apologises for doing it all again!

With my thanks too.

Ro
Denny

Post by Denny »

Protean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Amateur whistler for 14 years, amateur fiddler for 30 years. Haven't played either much in a while, looking to get back into it.

Post by Protean »

devondancer wrote:So, when I arrived there was my dear wife apparently teaching maths to a group of young girls!!
Ye gods, man! She just doesn't slow down, does she? Brilliant! Cheers for both of you!

Joe
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

devondancer wrote:I went home for lunch and to let her rest, and returned to find her room full of student nurses! Apparently one of the students on her ward had gone into her room in tears, struggling with drug calculations that she was to be tested on this afternoon. Lesley sorted her out and showed her the formula, and the young nurse then asked if she could bring some friends along as they were all being tested today! So, when I arrived there was my dear wife apparently teaching maths to a group of young girls!!
What a delightful picture!

Lesley, you've made my day (as you do so many days).

Best wishes,
Jerry
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I forgot to tell you - I accidentally missed deleting one of "those" emails, and Lesley saw it in the file today. She then told me how silly I was to think stupid people like that would upset her! That put me in my place! Our email address will return to our profile!
Ro
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Lesley is old time tough.

Where I live, that is a compliment that bespeaks profound respect. (Didn't know if the idiom would be the same across the Pond so I thought I'd best offer a brief explanatory note.)

I am delighted and amazed to hear of her wonderful progress.

As always, thoughts of friendship and healing go with her, and with you.

And know that I am and remain

Your friend,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
lalit

Post by lalit »

Lesley, you are absolutely amazing! Thanks for returning to good health. It means a lot to all of us. :)

Sincerely,

one of your C&F fans
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

My wife and I (both nurses) LOVED that student nurse story. Your wife is a pip fer sure!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Lesley, you let those nursing students fall flat on their faces. One of our friends taught nursing students until she could no longer with good conscience and without worrying about her own credentials graduate nursing students because of their pitiful grasp of math.

During our next hospital stay, do any of us want nurses who are getting the answers from the patient in the next room?

You keep getting better and stronger by the day. So glad to hear you've stepped up to a less critical room.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Everyday, Lesley teaches us all something. :thumbsup:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Hang in there, Lesley! You go, girl!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Cork

Post by Cork »

devondancer wrote:Things continue to go well for Lesley and she has had a busy morning. I have come home for an hour now while she has her physio and will go back after that, when she has had a rest. This morning I went in, to be met by the ward sister and told that Lesley had been moved to the High Dependency Unit (HDU) and a single room. More old friends for her, of course, on that ward. This is real progress. She only has the heart monitor now and has been disconnected from everything else, to her relief.

While I was there this morning, with the laptop, Lesley worked out the guitar chords to a tune, which gave her something different to do for a while. I am so glad I gave her that music programme for Christmas - it has given her music while she can't play any of her instruments. Then the staff got her out of bed into her chair, where she was supposed to sit still and rest for a while, but I could see her testing her muscles and moving her feet and legs under her rug. She will not be sitting down for long. She also managed to pick up various small objects without dropping them, (a pencil and a whistle, actually - might as well be something useful!) so she will soon be playing again.

I went home for lunch and to let her rest, and returned to find her room full of student nurses! Apparently one of the students on her ward had gone into her room in tears, struggling with drug calculations that she was to be tested on this afternoon. Lesley sorted her out and showed her the formula, and the young nurse then asked if she could bring some friends along as they were all being tested today! So, when I arrived there was my dear wife apparently teaching maths to a group of young girls!! They were all very grateful, and Lesley enjoyed the teaching, but she was very tired, so I stayed only a short time before leaving her to rest, have her physio and to rest again. I shall go back to her after tea. She is amazing, and people know so quickly that she will help them!

Again, she has loved all your messages and is so grateful to you for your kindness. She sends her love to you all and apologises for doing it all again!

With my thanks too.

Ro
That, sir, is a lovely story!

My best, to the both of you.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

cowtime wrote:Everyday, Lesley teaches us all something. :thumbsup:
This is absolutely true.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard