Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cork
antispam: No

Re: Devondancer update

Post by Cork »

I'd say to pay absolutely no attention to any of those e-mails, worthless as they are.

Yet, it is ever so good to hear that Lesley is on the mend.

:-)
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Ro, haven't you two been married forever? Don't you have etched into your brain, lips, and heart, "Yes Lesley, you are right." Get with the program Ro. So nice to hear good news.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

:D aye! very glad to hear!

Should....ya sure, still fret though, don't we?
djm

Post by djm »

I don't understand about these troubling emails. Are you sure these are C&F members that are doing this? Is there maybe another source? It would be pretty sad to think there are people here who would be so small.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

Atta girl Lesley! We love you. :)

Patrick
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

Lesley is now making one of her amazing recoveries! From being at death's door again last night, she is now sitting up, talking and wanting to know what has been going on that she has missed. I cannot believe it, but she believed right through. She knew - and she has an "I told you so" look about her! You are quite right, mute - in future it will be "Yes, Lesley, I believe you, Lesley". I did believe her for several days, but she was so ill that I faltered! Remember, Lesley knows best, Ro! Get with the programme.

DJ, I have not for one minute thought that it was Chiff members sending the emails. I do know that those crawly bot things hang about here, and in other places I visit. I am just trying not to leave our email address "lying around", so to speak, to be picked up by crawly things. This board is only one of many places our address can be found, and I have removed us from many others too. Normally it really wouldn't bother either of us and we would just "spam" them and delete them. But Lesley is so fragile now, and has gone through such soul-searching as she fought to be worthy of her new heart, that I do not want her to see the email until she is strong enough to cope. Please, please know that I do not think they come from here. I am literally closing a few doors to creepy crawlies. I have been in email contact with many friends and relatives, we are on the hospital computer, Lesley is well-known at home. Home is probably most likely, and Lesley's workplace is another possibility. I am not on particularly good terms with them, as you know, although Lesley has strictly forbidden me to do anything about it. So please know that I do NOT think they are from here. You are our friends.

I shall go back and spend the evening with my new model of a wife, and may even be able to A: talk to her and get a sensible answer and B: listen to her instigate a conversation. She has been so quiet - not like herself at all. She is normally rather noisy, partly because she is clumsy and partly because she is usually attached to a whistle, although she is not over-talkative. She listens more than she talks, but when she does talk it is usually worth listening to!

Thank you all so much. You have been wonderful and I am so grateful. DJ, read the 2nd paragraph again and make sure you understand it!! Do we have a new nose hair thread yet? Lesley will be ready for one soon, I think! Until now she was too frail to risk making her laugh!

Ro
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I am thrilled to hear that she is doing so much better. :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and warm healing thoughts, and, of course, always know that I am and remain

Your friend in the hills of Arkansas,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I have left Lesley sleeping, and looking just a tiny bit pink again. She and Bear have renewed their acquaintance, much to their mutual relief! Now she wants a whistle!
I can sleep too, now.
Thank you and goodnight.
Ro
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Well, get the woman a whistle Ro or I shall report you to the British version of Adult Protective Services myself. Maybe someone within quick mailing distance will send one to Lesley. She does deserve one.
白飞梦
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

There is always one in her handbag, mute, and one in the car! I shall take the car one in for her tomorrow, as it is the one that can be "muted" (sorry, mp!). But she will not be able to play it aloud in this ward!
Ro
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

You're lucky. I was in the middle of dialing. Oh happy day. She's doing well again.
白飞梦
djm

Post by djm »

Ro wrote:Do we have a new nose hair thread yet?
Um ... well ... you might want to vet this one, first ...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65715

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

What absolutely magnificent news!!!!! I am so very happy to read all of this. I've been very worried about Lesley all day, so this news was very welcome.

Lesley, you are an absolute wonder! I am so blessed to "know" you here, and I know I'm not the only person who feels that way. May your days continue to be bright and full of health! :)

Thank you for letting us know, Ro :) Many hugs sent your way for all you've been through. Please share a couple of them with Lesley when she's able to have a gentle one from me, if you could.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you all. Lesley loves it when I read your messages to her so she will have a fun morning. She has had a good night, I am told, and I shall see her shortly now.
DJ - she won't be able to play that game - no co-ordination! (I can't either!) She will probably want to, though.

I am taking her the muted whistle this morning, so that she can start moving again, even if it's only her fingers. And her cardiac physio is due to restart, so she will be busy.

I wll update you this evening.

Ro
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Yay Lesley! :)