Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: Devondancer update

Post by anniemcu »

Denny's right about Paul being right. :D :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cork

Post by Cork »

Yes, anniemcu is right about Denny being right about Paul being right!

:-D
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

:boggle:

Ro
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

Quite right, quite right.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Happy New Year Roland and Lesley! :party: :party: :party:
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Happy New Year, Martin, Beth and everyone else!

All is well here. We had our first "staying" guest over New Year - my brother. We both took great care not to overtire Lesley and she coped well, although she was, and still is, very tired. Just cooking and being polite, I think! Although she cooks all the meals now, cooking "smart" meals for visitors is more of a strain - I know I couldn't do it! Her cardiac surgeon continues to be very pleased with her heart, and she certainly puts her whole heart into living, her physio, her music - anything she does. Walking and carrying are less good - she doesn't have to carry things, of course, because I am here, but she will try! Her walking is still slow, using her stick, and rather crab-like at times, especially when she is tired or forgets to concentrate, and she is easily distracted by plants, the sea, birds, rocks, heather . . . She is very happy and loving life, and I am very happy for her and with her.
Ro
tansy

Post by tansy »

I am so happy for you both. You have brought joy and true perspective to all of us.
Thank you and happy new year.
Tansy
shy the blond water
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I took Lesley back to Cambridge to the transplant hospital today for her monthly checkup. They have re-admitted her as she is again showing signs of rejecting her heart, so they are having to "adjust her medication package" again. Apparently the acute exhaustion she has been suffering from, and the slight but noticeable change in her mood, are signs that this may be happening, but unfortunately they forgot to tell us that, or I would have taken her back before. She looks quite ill at the moment.

I found her crying the other day, coming in unexpectedly from outside. She had been listening to a CD of whistle music, not realising that it was Scottish dance music until it started. Lesley adored Scottish dancing. She had to stop after twice breaking a foot (an energetic dancer!) but because she also did her English folk dancing, her first love, she did not mind too much, and she would play Scottish music at home just to practise the steps - on carpet where she could do no damage to her feet. Now, of course, she cannot do that. I think the music just took her by surprise, but I was glad I found her as I had not realised how badly she missed the dancing. I knew she did, of course, but she does not complain, and I did not know her longing was a physical pain. I had noticed that she no longer plays her dance CDs, although she will still whistle dance tunes. She said, when I found her, that she wished she had never danced, so that she would not know what she was missing, but she immediately changed her mind. No, she was glad she had known that pleasure, even if she couldn't do it again. She did not want to have missed it.

I hope that the hospital sorts her out quickly and I can take her home again. I know what to watch for, now. We were told to check for things like raised temperature, high blood pressure, infection, but not the exhaustion. She has a high temperature now, but that has only started today. I had hoped we had got past this. She has enough to cope with, with the pain from her neck problem and the walking difficulties, etc. She was offered more surgery for the pain but has refused it, saying she has had her share of miracles! She loves her life and is finding many compensations for the things she can no longer do. Writing music has become important to her and I gave her a notation programme for Christmas so she makes smart copies of things and enjoys being able to play them back. She says she can only tell what they sound like when someone else plays them, so this gives her that facility.

Hoping to have better news for you tomorrow. Please think of her.

Roland
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

She is in our thoughts.

Healing energy, warmth, and best wishes, to her and to you.

And know that I am and remain

Your friend,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Denny

Post by Denny »

of course!

hoping they turn it around fast :D
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you. You are all so kind, and such a comfort in the dark cold hours here (0215).

Roland
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Tell here we are all keeping her in our thoughts and/or prayers.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Lesley had rather a bad night and is still poorly this morning. I have been in to see her and am now back in the bedsit, giving her a rest. The doctors continue to try to sort out her drug regime.

Roland
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Maybe the doctors just missed her. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers today.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Best Wishes, Ro & Lesley!

(It's not just her. I'm easily distracted by sea, birds, heather & rocks as well. )
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!