Facebook

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

I've been on facebook and my space for a year or so. I keep in touch with nieces and nephews who are scattered around the country. They ask me to be their friend and are very clear that they don't want their parents (my siblings) to join. One niece said she was going to clean up her page because I was her friend. I'm not sure what she deleted, but she left in the beer and a bit a necking at a party among the 700+ photos.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

emmline wrote:Anyway...if you are on Facebook and I have not sent you a friend request, it is probably because I err on the side of assuming you may not want a cluttered up friend list. No slights intended. :)
I like to have people on my list.
Likewise. I've sent a few invites, but not found many folk, and not going to be offended if anyone chooses not to accept. I'm not asking for forever. :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

anniemcu wrote: Likewise. I've sent a few invites, but not found many folk, and not going to be offended if anyone chooses not to accept. I'm not asking for forever. :D
You mean facebook is not about lifelong commitment? Wow, that explains a LOT!
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I have a bunch of you still to find.

My first name is Rick and my last name is Slater so if you put them together you easily can find me. I'm in Kalamazoo which is in Michigan in the US.

For the life of me I can't remember Ad's last name even though I once sold her a nice bamboo flute in F.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Flyingcursor wrote:I have a bunch of you still to find.

My first name is Rick and my last name is Slater so if you put them together you easily can find me. I'm in Kalamazoo which is in Michigan in the US.

For the life of me I can't remember Ad's last name even though I once sold her a nice bamboo flute in F.
I searched through 12 pages of Rick Slaters and didn't find you, my London strolling buddy!
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I don't understand it and I don't know whether I'm on it or not.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Martin Milner wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:I have a bunch of you still to find.

I searched through 12 pages of Rick Slaters and didn't find you, my London strolling buddy!
What? They're all imposters! I'll search for your name later, after work.
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

I have no problem with Facebook but. . .

What's the point of joining an online community that is just a carbon copy of an online community we're already in?
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Wormdiet wrote:I have no problem with Facebook but. . .

What's the point of joining an online community that is just a carbon copy of an online community we're already in?
For me, I didn't join Facebook with the intention of finding fellow Chiffers. I wanted to keep in touch with friends that I don't share a similar community with. I also wanted to keep tabs on my eldest children (and this was the biggest reason, quite frankly). As a parent, I like to know what's basically going on with my children online. So it's not really a carbon copy of what I have here. And really, there is no real "message board" aspect to it. It's quite different. Lastly, and most importantly, you can't play Scramble on the Chiff. That's a huge drawback as far as I'm concerned. I think it should be reconsidered :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

izzarina wrote:... Lastly, and most importantly, you can't play Scramble on the Chiff. That's a huge drawback as far as I'm concerned. I think it should be reconsidered :P
Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine...

Even after clearing the cache, it still hangs up on the final 'loading' blue box.

but the other wordy games work! :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

Wormdiet wrote:I have no problem with Facebook but. . .

I joined because my friend in Washington DC is on it and we can keep abreast of activities without long distance calling. It'll never replace good old C&F. Besides, it's like seeing people in different places. For example, I don't just see my family at one person's house. I may see them at my house or their house or at a coffee shop etc. Facebook is just another place to see some of the same people.

I didn't know there were games on Facebook.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

SteveShaw wrote:I don't understand it and I don't know whether I'm on it or not.
No, you're getting this mixed up with the CIA watch list.

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

WyoBadger wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:I don't understand it and I don't know whether I'm on it or not.
No, you're getting this mixed up with the CIA watch list.

T
You may laugh, but when I was an activist in CND my phone was bugged. Mine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Did they hear anything... interesting?

:really: