Jugglers?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Jugglers?

Post by I.D.10-t »

I can get abbot 15 passes before I lose a ball. I have been practicing on and off for a year and I enjoy it.

Any one else juggle?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I only juggle excuses. I can keep three or four in the air at once.

"Some people juggle geese!" -- Wash (Firefly)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

My favourite juggler scene is from Steve Martin's L.A. Story, where we see the juggler tossing several items, including a chainsaw. Every time he catches the chainsaw he gives the saw a rev. Seconds after the camera has panned past the juggler, we hear a scream in the background.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

Not a juggler, but I used to be pretty good at devil-sticks.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-On getaway to the Olympic peninsula decades back we stayed across the road from the Flying Karamazov Brothers' compound. It looked like a great place to practice away from public attention. Their front entry featured an etched glass lintel bearing their slogan "Juglito Ergo Sum". Very nice.
Sums it up. :)
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I can juggle three, including behind the back, under the leg, bouncing off walls and passing back and forth with another juggler. But I've never been able to juggle more than three, nor can I juggle pins.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

My daughter and her boyfriend in Tilden Park in the Berkeley hills. I could only do three or four before I'd drop a pin. She has the genes to juggle.
MandoMark

Post by MandoMark »

I can do a few 3-ball routines, have managed to juggle clubs for a few passes, and have managed to juggle 4 clumsily.

When I lived in Alexandria, there was a local runner who did ALL the local races, including marathons, juggling 5 beanbags the whole way. He came to the track workouts I did, and juggled while doing repeats. He was pretty quick, too!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I can do three evenly weighted balls. Croquet balls work best.
Nothing fancy though.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Ro3b

Post by Ro3b »

I used to be a pretty good juggler. A girlfriend I had in college taught me; we had a whole repertoire of partner tricks. Totally dysfunctional relationship, but man, we were the life of every party.
dwest

Post by dwest »

I juggle pretty much anything, did fire eating too, doc made me stop that. :evil: Our youngest crocheted me up a bunch of Golden Snitches out of gold and silver embroidery thread, those are fun when I get the whole group up in the air, kids love it. Got a key fob too! :o
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I got up to 4 balls and 3 clubs. I tried for a long time to get a 5-ball cascade
down, but never got very far. I just couldn't get the high throws accurate
enough. It's like riding a bike, though, I can pick up 3 balls and go right into
a cascade even after 2 years out of practice (though I probably couldn't
handle Mill's Mess until I practiced for a few weeks). I never got the hang of
passing.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

MandoMark wrote:I can do a few 3-ball routines, have managed to juggle clubs for a few passes, and have managed to juggle 4 clumsily.

When I lived in Alexandria, there was a local runner who did ALL the local races, including marathons, juggling 5 beanbags the whole way. He came to the track workouts I did, and juggled while doing repeats. He was pretty quick, too!
He was in the race Sunday. I saw this guy juggling, maybe around mile 3, and thought that's interesting. Then I blurted out, "Holy sh!t, he's juggling five!" The other amazing thing is, with 20k+ people running, you really have to watch where you're going and you're getting bumped all the time. To run, juggle, and navigate your way through all those people for 4-6 hours is just amazing.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

i learned form the Juggling for the Complete Klutz book. I can do three then two then three again. At least I could when I was in practice. I could also do a basketball, a softball and a tennis ball at the same time, which impressed my kids for about a year.

Coincidentally I tried the other day and I was awful. Gotta keep up the chops it seems.
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

I'm a pretty OK basic juggler - have been for about 25 years.
fearfaoin wrote:I got up to 4 balls and 3 clubs. I tried for a long time to get a 5-ball cascade
down, but never got very far. I just couldn't get the high throws accurate
enough. It's like riding a bike, though, I can pick up 3 balls and go right into
a cascade even after 2 years out of practice (though I probably couldn't
handle Mill's Mess until I practiced for a few weeks). I never got the hang of
passing.
That's about the same as me.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.