FS-Terry McGee delrin keyless flute-SOLD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Winded

FS-Terry McGee delrin keyless flute-SOLD

Post by Winded »

Last edited by Winded on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

sorry to hear about the drums.... :lol:
Winded

Post by Winded »

The flute has been relisted with a new price.
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0311885375
Winded

Post by Winded »

The flute has been relisted with a new price.
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0311885375
LorenzoFlute
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Somebody should tell Terry that although he takes the same care in the production of each flute, polymer is cheaper than wood, is easier to work and doesn't need the special care the wood needs (like the seasoning etc)... I belive that a polymer flute should be cheaper than a wood one. The new price Winded is selling the flute (not the "buy now price") seem certanly more appropriate.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Othannen wrote:Somebody should tell Terry that although he takes the same care in the production of each flute, polymer is cheaper than wood, is easier to work and doesn't need the special care the wood needs (like the seasoning etc)... I belive that a polymer flute should be cheaper than a wood one.
I expect you are speaking from the experience of having made many flutes in both wood and delrin then? The materials are a small part of the price of making an instrument. You are paying for the expertise of the maker in both cases. Both materials require the same design effort, machinery, tooling, shop space, electricity, compressed air, dust extraction and know-how. Most woodworkers would disagree that delrin is easier to work with as well. The only real difference I see is in curing/settling time.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Henke

Post by Henke »

I think it's up to Mr. McGee to set whatever prices he likes. He clearly states that he's not interested in making budget flutes made of delrin like many others do (not that I think there's anything wrong with that eighter from my part, on the contrary), but he still likes to offer the option and so the price is the same. If you don't want to buy it it's up to you.

bla, bla, bla
whisky :wink:
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

Othannen wrote:Somebody should tell Terry that although he takes the same care in the production of each flute, polymer is cheaper than wood, is easier to work and doesn't need the special care the wood needs (like the seasoning etc)... I belive that a polymer flute should be cheaper than a wood one. The new price Winded is selling the flute (not the "buy now price") seem certanly more appropriate.
Pricing that is commensurate with the design and manufacturing effort and the actual cost of materials is a wishful thinking, at least in a free economy.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Othannen wrote:Somebody should tell Terry that although he takes the same care in the production of each flute, polymer is cheaper than wood, is easier to work and doesn't need the special care the wood needs (like the seasoning etc)... I belive that a polymer flute should be cheaper than a wood one. The new price Winded is selling the flute (not the "buy now price") seem certanly more appropriate.
There have been reports that Delrin is hard to work,
so much so that Pat O, after making a delrin flute
for Jessie K, swore off it. FWIW, Chris Abell charges
as much for his delrin whistles as he does for
blackwood.
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Ok ok, it seems like i'm wrong. Sorry about that.
Have a good day,
Lorenzo
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

You too, Lorenzo.
Winded

Post by Winded »

Still available. Please PM me if interested. I'm willing to listen to offers.
Thanks!
Wormdiet
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wormdiet »

Guinness wrote:
Pricing that is commensurate with the design and manufacturing effort and the actual cost of materials is a wishful thinking, at least in a free economy.
It's actually commensurate with, uh, Karl Marx :)
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Winded

Post by Winded »

New price, $599 plus shipping. That's a great deal. Cost me hundreds more. Like no delrin flute you've ever played!
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

STOP IT - STOP IT!!! Please, SOMEbody buy this flute!!!

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV