Candy Corn

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How do you feel about Candy Corn?

It's deeee-lish-ous. I would eat it every day.
24%
A nice seasonal treat.
32%
Strictly for decorative purposes only.
5%
I eat once piece just to make sure it's still inedible.
21%
Spawn of Satan.
18%

Total votes: 38

mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Candy Corn

Post by mutepointe »

How do you feel about Candy Corn?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Great seasonal treat--better than Easter Peeps by a long shot.

Susan
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I love the Candy Corn and I don't know why. My semi-waxy triangular, tri-colored friend.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Candy corn is wonderful...in small quantities.

It is very rich and more than a few pieces at a time can make you feel slightly nauseous.

But then, I'm not a big candy eater. I've seen folks eat candy corn in amounts that would have make me bazooka barf.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
rh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

there is no end to the walking
MagicSailor

Post by MagicSailor »

peeplj wrote:I've seen folks eat candy corn in amounts that would have make me bazooka barf.

--James
Please, please help me get that image out of my head...

Owen
djm

Post by djm »

I don't understand what its purpose is. It hardly has any taste at all. I don't object to it, because it is not even noticable.

Now, if it tasted like chocolate ....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:I don't understand what its purpose is. It hardly has any taste at all. I don't object to it, because it is not even noticable.

Now, if it tasted like chocolate ....

djm

There was some chocolate candy corn last year . . . pretty tasty. The maple flavor was yummy, too. I remember this distinctly because I made myself sick on it.

My thinking is it's a nice seasonal treat, but Peeps are better.
Cotelette d'Agneau
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I love - and miss - candy corn. And indian corn, and to a lesser extent those pumpkin things.

I can't eat as many as I could when I was a kid, but I still like them. I hope they still have some leftover on the shelves when I hit the states in December.
emmline

Post by emmline »

I used to like it, seasonally, but I think it was more that I liked nipping off the sections color by color. One of those neat convergences of sugar-eating and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Lambchop wrote:
There was some chocolate candy corn last year . . . pretty tasty. The maple flavor was yummy, too. I remember this distinctly because I made myself sick on it.
I got sick on M&Ms once. If I'm ever in Florida we can have a candy party and get sick together. What a blast that will be!

I love candy corn. One of my favorites. I prefer the regular variety.

Does anyone else here eat each color individually? I like to start with the little white tips and then the orange body, finishing with the yellow....um...bottom part.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

While Spawn of Satan is a little strongly worded, I do greatly dislike candy corn. I have never liked it, even when I was a kid. I've never liked cotton candy, either. I even remember getting my polio vaccination on a sugar cube - it was about 4th grade - and objecting because I didn't want to eat the sugar cube. I asked if I could get the medicine without the sugar, and they said no. So I guess I'm weird about sugar.

Chocolate is a totally different story.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Flyingcursor wrote: Does anyone else here eat each color individually? I like to start with the little white tips and then the orange body, finishing with the yellow....um...bottom part.
emmline wrote:I used to like it, seasonally, but I think it was more that I liked nipping off the sections color by color. One of those neat convergences of sugar-eating and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

emmline wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote: Does anyone else here eat each color individually? I like to start with the little white tips and then the orange body, finishing with the yellow....um...bottom part.
emmline wrote:I used to like it, seasonally, but I think it was more that I liked nipping off the sections color by color. One of those neat convergences of sugar-eating and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Are you sure we're not related? I have a cousin somewhere I've never seen.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
emmline

Post by emmline »

Flyingcursor wrote:
emmline wrote:
Are you sure we're not related? I have a cousin somewhere I've never seen.
I'm fairly certain that you and Slude are cousins on my dad's side, and Nano is closely related on my mom's side.