Poll: Who likes it when Serpent interferes with stuff?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

I haven't seen Bill ever say anything exceptionally rude or totally out of line (at least no more so than any other poster) and before you start calling the kettle black, you've been known to get yourself involved in quite a bit of the Infamous Intarweb Drama too.

It's just a message board, okay? Don't take it so seriously. Trust me, it REALLY DOES NOT MATTER. *hugs*
mvhplank
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

Jessie,

I really don't like this "pick on Serpent" thread. It smacks of the bullying I used to get in school, where a pack of girls would come up and tell me everything that was wrong about me.

Now...what ARE you trying to accomplish with this thread?

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Oh, and jessie, I love ya to death, but in that "name spoofing" thread, it seems you were the one to lob the first tomato.

Maybe you read into his comments a bit too much? I think he was trying to be cute and clever (though maybe rather unsuccessfuly in that particluar case) but I don't think he meant to tick anybody off.

You might be better off just ignoring him rather than making whole threads to go after him.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Yes, Sam, I have gotten involved in dramas. I admit that freely. I don't mind when people get involved in dramas. I mind when people turn little non-dramas into dramas by bringing people's attention to something that was small (by attacking people for speaking without smilies) and thereby turning it into something bigger. He says he's trying to quiet things down, but I don't believe that.

Also, Sam, I know you mean well, but it is insensitive of you to say that interaction between people doesn't matter. It does matter. A lot people feel far removed from the things that happen online because they are hiding behind a screen, but it isn't that way for me. I have gone on about 20 trips around the world to meet people that I wouldn't have known existed if it hadn't been for this forum. I love some of the people I have met, I like and care about many others. Problems arise when people think that what goes on here doesn't matter. I hope you will rethink that.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

On 2002-12-30 16:45, TelegramSam wrote:
in that "name spoofing" thread, it seems you were the one to lob the first tomato.
Yes, I think you're right.

Marguerite, I was the abused girl in school, too.

Yeah, a pick on Serpent thread is not one of my more mature things. I was really mad. I guess people can see me venting and, having not read the things I did read that Bill wrote over time, see it as unfounded. Well, it's not unfounded, even if I didn't prove it, but I see that it's my problem and not Bill's. I think it just bothered me that he was (is) constantly defending Stacey when she didn't need (or necessarily deserve) it.

I wish Loren were around. Yeah, he uses harsh language, but he and I usually agree about other stuff, like who deserves to get picked on and who deserves to be defended. but whatever.

Sorry, guys.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Ooops...I was trying to delete this whole thread because I realized that it wasn't nice and wasn't productive, but it deleted my first post only. I don't know how to fix it. Here was my fist post:

------------
I have noticed that Bill likes to attack people who are in the midst of a (sometimes tiny) conflict with someone else (edit: thereby turning something small into something bigger) and put a giant smilie face in there to avoid heat. He tells me that he receives support for his behavior. So please tell me, who thinks it's helpful?
------

Perhaps if Rich or Dale notices, the thread could be deleted.

Thanks for your input. Through kindness and logic, you guys have shown me that I was being unfair.

~J
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

--quote--
I wish Loren were around. Yeah, he uses harsh language, but he and I usually agree about other stuff, like who deserves to get picked on
--endquote--

No one. Not now, not ever.

--quote--
and who deserves to be defended.
--endquote--

Everyone, at some time or another.

Best wishes,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

James, you are so perfect. Your wife must be proud!
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Jessie: Thanks for your last two [EDIT: three, actually. LOL] posts. I think it's much better that they and the whole thread stay up than that it is deleted by Rich or Dale.

Best,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloomfield on 2002-12-30 17:04 ]</font>
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

Marguerite, I was the abused girl in school, too.
I wish Loren were around. Yeah, he uses harsh language, but he and I usually agree about other stuff, like who deserves to get picked on and who deserves to be defended. but whatever.

Sorry, guys.
No prob. At least you admit it wasn't the most prudent thing. :grin:

But, people who "deserve" to be picked on, and "deserve" to be defended? If you take that sort of approach, you will always find someone to be sniping at.

Aodhan
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

On 2002-12-30 17:00, JessieK wrote:
Or, it could just be that James comes from a centered, balanced place of wisdom. Take a breath and let it go... life is too short for all of this.

Andrea
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

On 2002-12-30 17:00, JessieK wrote:
Hmm...just trying to piss people off? Or did the cat pee in your cornflakes this morning?

I have yet to find anyone I dislike on the board. Some are caustic, some are helpful, all have different views. Sniping at everyone around that doesn't agree with you doesn't accomplish anything except degrade your image.

Sure, serpent can be irritating. So can Loren. So can you. So can I. If you don't like it, don't read someone's posts.

Aodhan
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I'm not saying that interaction with other people doesn't matter, what I'm trying to do is to get you to not let people living miles away get under your skin. The emotional stryfe really ISN'T worth getting your knickers in a knot. People write lots of stupid crap on message boards that they normally wouldn't have the balls to say in a face-to-face discussion anyhow. Most of it's just a sort of knee-jerk reaction. If all else fails, just don't read the posts of people who habitually tick you off if that's what it comes to.

Oh, and I was tormented in school too. Especially on the school bus, when the whole lot of them ganged up on me. Children are cruel, and anybody who claims that kids are innocent is either full of it or has a very bad memory...

ps.
http://www.buis2.net/forums/showthread. ... eadid=8623
markv

Post by markv »

If I were to make the comment

"I think Cooperman whistles are the finest made whistles in the world"

I deserve to be picked on, at, around, and under.

(Just in case the maker of Cooperman whistles is lurking and taking offense...Oh nevermind, would it kill ya to put the fipple up against a belt sander for a couple seconds!)

Mark V.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Aodhan, well said.

Sam, miles don't mean anything to me. We have tons of transportation choices. But you are right that people say more than they might in person.