Watermelon, a budgie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

I sorry to hear about your loss. We have Chickens and Ducks as pets and it hurts when you loose one, especially the special ones.
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Echoing what everyone else has said. Hate to hear of someone losing a pet. Sounds like she gave her life in a good cause, at least. Perhaps there is some comfort in that.

Would it be tacky to offer you a great deal on a chicken?
T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

We picked up Doozie (Watermelon's partner) from the vet yesterday. He seems less fluffed and to have more energy. Awfully quiet though-- I think he misses her.

The vet is very understanding about the drive being a problem (it's 45 minutes away). After conferring with us he said he would call the prescription in to a pharmacy which would then ship it to us. The pharmacy phoned to charge the cost to our credit card. A very nice young woman said " I'm calling about the prescription for Doozie, uh....did the vet tell you it was going to be expensive?" I reassured her that it wasn't just for Doozie, it was for his 40 companions as well, and would last 30 days. "Oh! OK then" she said, much relieved :lol:
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Bless his little feathered soul! I hope you are able to conquer the yeast problem.

They do take a part of our hearts with them when they leave.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

Sorry to hear about your flock and Watermelon. I'm very fond of budgies too. This sounds like what was being called 'megabacteria' back when I worked for an avian vet. Hard to culture, easy to pass from bird to bird by regurgitative feeding, and rife in the really big breeding facilities.

It was pretty easy to see on a slide, but not identified while I was involved.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe