The only thing fun..

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

CHasR wrote:When I was a kid, I blew a macaroni through my nose. It had nothing to do with bees at all.
Sounds like it bees messy.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

My wife has had problems with cleaning poblano peppers recently. Weak pepper, but the chemical is the same. to her credit, she was smart enough to ware latex gloves to take her contacts out. I have crushed dried habaneros in my hand as I have with other peppers. Had to shower with my hand outside of the warm water because it burned if I didn't for the next three days. I hold the things down and cut them through the tines of a fork these days.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

One bee. Ha Ha. I laugh in your face. When I was a kid, I stepped on a beehive while my family was visiting my Dad's aunt.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

chas wrote:
Flogging Jason wrote:reminds me of a time I was cutting hot peppers and then used the restroom without washing my hands first!
Sometimes washing your hands isn't enough. I do my absolute best now to hold chiles with a fork when I'm cutting them up.

The first "incident of this type" that happened to me was in high school, when I put Atomic Balm on a pulled groin muscle. With chiles you burn for only six minutes, with AB it was hours.
They make arthritis medicine out of that stuff. It's heat is supposed to dull pain. I think that's because when your skin is on fire you forget about everything else.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

mutepointe wrote:One bee. Ha Ha. I laugh in your face. When I was a kid, I stepped on a beehive while my family was visiting my Dad's aunt.
O YEAH!?!?!
Well, when I was a kid, I stepped on THREE beehives,a dead frog and a lit cigarette butt simultaneously at a cousin's mother in-law's stepchild's brother's house, while blowing a macaroni out of my nose! nnyah :wink:
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

ChasR and I laugh at you one bee wonders.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I have never stepped on bees, inadvertently consumed a bee, nor a had one fly up my unmentionables.

I just thought one looked soooo soft and fuzzy and so marvelously tame and not flying away at all that, wanting to see just how soft and fuzzy he was, I reached out and petted him with my index finger.

The ensuing screams brought mamas out of their homes from a block away.

I had no idea bees did that.
Cotelette d'Agneau
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

I had a bee fly down my t-shirt once while cycling really fast down a hill on holiday (when I was about 14 years old) . As fast as I was going, it didn't compare to how fast I managed to stop and get the t-shirt off while jumping up and down and screaming in a manner that could only be described as "like a girl".
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I rescued a somewhat torpid bumble bee from my garden path by putting it on the grass. Unbeknowns to me it crawled into my shoe that was lying around and stung me on the big toe when I tried to put the shoe on. That's gratitude for you.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

The only thing fun...

... about migraines, are those pretty flashing colors just before the thunderclap.
djm

Post by djm »

Oh, no! Did you get the clap, Joseph? :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Bee misadventures...

When still very young, I jumped into my parents' car to get away from a bumble-bee (I was just sure it was out to get me) and slammed the door... on my finger.

While climbing up the side of an old shed out by the barn, I inadvertently stuck my hands in the middle of a large wasp nest that was hanging on the back of one of the boards. Got stung five times... on each hand.

Once, while I was walking across an open field, a hornet flew into my face and got stuck behind the lens of my eyeglasses. The hornet stung me on the eyelid (and I broke my glasses when I whipped them off). Couldn't see out of that eye for a few days...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:Oh, no! Did you get the clap, Joseph? :o

djm
... and how. Oi!