Lark in the Morning ordering experiences?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Ballyshannon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Lark in the Morning ordering experiences?

Post by Ballyshannon »

As some of you may have seen from my posts, I'm looking for a Harper high D, but unfortunately LIM is the only U.S. vendor for Harpers and they have none available in the warehouse...and haven't had any for over a year. However, the Seattle store has one new high D left, but I'd have to follow protocol and order through the warehouse since customers can't place orders directly through any of the stores. The warehouse would have to fax my order to the Seattle store for shipment and this communication process makes me a bit nervous, especially after hearing several negative experiences about LIM in the past.

Has anyone here had any problems with them?
Last edited by Ballyshannon on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synergy

Post by synergy »

I've purchased from them on ebay. All went well there.
Aanvil
antispam: No

Post by Aanvil »

Yes, bad.

Messed up shipping.

Subbed items for a specific order.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Somehow I imagined this thread was about which parts of the tune "The Lark in the Morning" went in what order.... :wink:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Ballyshannon

Post by Ballyshannon »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Somehow I imagined this thread was about which parts of the tune "The Lark in the Morning" went in what order.... :wink:
:lol:
bill

Post by bill »

I ordered a chieftain whistle from them in 2006, and didn't get any sort of reply from them about the order. A few weeks later I called and they said that they were out of stock and that they had no idea when they would get more. I kind of forgot about it and then about 5 months later it showed up on my doorstep. That has been my expirience with them.
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

I've used them a number of times, but the store is nothing like what it was when Mickey ran it. Be sure to call ahead to check the availablity of any item. They don't seem to buy like they used to, and about 80 percent of the catalog is out of date. There are some items on back order for a year or more, which really means they're no longer available. It seems like they only add to the catalog, but never remove anything. If they tell you an item will be in stock next week, call back in a week and only order when they confirm that they have your item.

Understand that I've never had them cheat me. They've always delivered any item they actually had to sell, but they have practically no inventory compared to their advertisement. They've only had about one in ten items I wanted.
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Tim2723 wrote:They've only had about one in ten items I wanted.
Hmmm... Maybe you wanted ten times more than what you should have. :wink: :lol:

Jason
Ballyshannon

Post by Ballyshannon »

Appreciate all the input.

Like I said, the Seattle store has the Harper in the store in the display case...at least according to John (manager), and a salesperson I spoke with. My concern is the communication between the warehouse and the Seattle store regarding my order and my CC#.

I normally trust my gut on these things and for some reason don't have a good feeling about it. So I think I'll just continue to wait for someone here who may eventually have one for sale. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Can you not order directly (by phone) from the Seattle store?

Jason
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Any Chiffers in Seattle who can just buy it out the case for you?
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

Jason Paul wrote:
Tim2723 wrote:They've only had about one in ten items I wanted.
Hmmm... Maybe you wanted ten times more than what you should have. :wink: :lol:

Jason

Nah Jason, you can never have enough toys! :D
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
Ballyshannon

Post by Ballyshannon »

Jason Paul wrote:Can you not order directly (by phone) from the Seattle store?

Jason
Oddly, No. I was told by the manager they weren't set up for mail orders and all mail orders must be made via the LIM warehouse. When you access the Retail Stores link link at the bottom of the LIM home page and view the information for each store, you'll see "Not for mail orders" in bold red beside the phone numbers.
kkrell wrote:Any Chiffers in Seattle who can just buy it out the case for you?
A noble thought, but an awful lot to to ask of someone who doesn't know me...or who I don't know. Besides, the store's price is $40 higher than the online price/ordering via the warehouse, so purchasing direct from the store isn't an option...which is probably why the whistle's been sitting there for several months.
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

bill wrote:I ordered a chieftain whistle from them in 2006, and didn't get any sort of reply from them about the order. A few weeks later I called and they said that they were out of stock and that they had no idea when they would get more. I kind of forgot about it and then about 5 months later it showed up on my doorstep. That has been my expirience with them.
sounds like my current on-going experience with Boulder Early Music shop.....

I've not ordered from LITM but have had good experience with Hobgoblin and Doc (of course)....
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
Ballyshannon

Post by Ballyshannon »

kennychaffin wrote:I've not ordered from LITM but have had good experience with Hobgoblin and Doc (of course)....
Same here. Unfortunately, Hobgoblin U.S. doesn't sell Harpers and the UK prices are very high. Doc said he's had Harpers come through his store but few and far between.