Spiritual home...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Spiritual home...

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

If there is a geographical spot on this planet where you feel your spirit might flock to, where would that place be?

For me, hands down, it would be this place...

Machu Picchu, Peru.

For as long as I can remember, I have often found myself here while dreaming. And while I have never been there in the flesh (a thing I dearly hope to remedy), I have a hunch my spirit will find its way to this ancient Incan city when it is free to do so.

What about the rest of ye?
Last edited by Joseph E. Smith on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

St Mark's square in Venice
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Not sure why the image tags aren't working here like they work on other sites. :sniffle: Follow the link:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/271 ... 71.jpg?v=0

Redwolf
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Redwolf wrote:Not sure why the image tags aren't working here like they work on other sites.
Remove the characters after .jpg in other words, the "?v=0"
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Redwolf wrote:Not sure why the image tags aren't working here like they work on other sites.
Remove the characters after .jpg in other words, the "?v=0"
Go raibh maith agat!

Gleann Cholm Cille, Co. Dhún na nGall, Éire

Redwolf
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

I'm already there.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Ballymun.

Slan,

D. :D
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Just about any bar. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

dwest

Post by dwest »

Loch Gile and Glencar chasing salmon :) or trout or a nice pike, watching my wife make perfect casts, and watching the pups play in the river or chase those evil big white birds on the lochs.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Just outside a little bitty town in Arkansas called Antoine--which has a population of maybe 200 people and I doubt it's that many--there is a small river called Wolf Creek.

I grew up hearing about it, but I was nearly a teenager the first time I can remember that I was ever actually there.

The water is cold, crystal clear, and sparkling. The water and air are clean and fresh; there is no industry anywhere near there, and both earth and sky are unstained. When the wind blows you can hear it sing in the pines on the rolling hills. In the autumn it is often so quiet that you can hear single leaves fall. The air is so pure and clean if you breath it too fast, it'll make your head hurt.

You breathe respectfully in Antoine while wading in Wolf Creek, and whatever worries you might be carrying, the water washes them away.

That is my home of the heart, the place where my roots go back to the soil.

It's always been a special place to my family.

My mother's people lived outside Antoine. As a child, she walked barefoot down dirt roads to the one-room schoolhouse in Antoine.

My father's people lived outside Delight, "just a piece" down the road. When my father was courting my mother, he walked to her house through the woods, a distance of just over ten miles.

It's a place where yesterday and today meet. Antoine is relatively unchanged from the town that my mom knew as a child. Some of the roads are paved, now, and there are sometimes contrails across the sky, but not often.

Up in a little hollow outside Antoine, there is a cemetery. If someone is being buried, it always drizzles cold rain. If you play a fife there on a wet day, the sound will carry for miles over the hills, and perhaps the fish in Wolf Creek hear it, and are startled.

But the cemetery isn't the place my heart calls home, though both my parents sleep there, in the shadows of the trees.

When I think of the place I always want to go (and so seldom do), it's to the waters of Wolf Creek sparkling in the sunlight.

I don't have a picture--cameras haven't been invented in Antoine yet ;) --but you'll just have to trust me: it's one of the most beautiful places on earth.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

pack a tent...grab my dogs and fishing pole and this wonderful bit of heaven is less than 40 minutes away....so serene..I love Lake Tahoe.

Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
the less I know-Michael Franti
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/gallery ... alNumber=2

I can't get the image to come up on the this page. It's 52nd Street in 1948. It doesn't exist any more-at least in that form. Jazz City.
dwest

Post by dwest »

jkwest wrote:Image

pack a tent...grab my dogs and fishing pole and this wonderful bit of heaven is less than 40 minutes away....so serene..I love Lake Tahoe.
They put dye in the water ya know :lol: