Devondancer is out of ICU!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
devondancer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Devondancer is out of ICU!!

Post by devondancer »

Lesley has at last escaped from the clutches of Intensive Care and has been moved to the High Dependency Unit!!!! She still has a single room, partly because she is a nurse, I think, and now she has a window too. For Lesley, who loves the outdoors passionately, this is a real pleasure.

She is very tired today, and I think the move and the change of staff has contributed to that. She is lying down again, but doing Sudoku puzzles, so is happy. She enjoys all puzzles and normally whizzes through The Times crossword, but the Sudoku is manageable in bed, with a pencil and clipboard. She still looks awful, as her freckles all stick out when she is white, (and thanks for the tip, Weekender - I probably should remove those comments before she reads them!) but she does look as though she intends to get better now.

Her pain levels reduced dramatically after sitting in the chair yesterday: she describes them as a sub-plot now, rather than the main plot! Translated, that means from barely tolerable (and not admitted to) to niggling discomfort. All that gives her heart more time to recover, so is more great news. The medics think that the movement increased how the shunt works, which is why she feels so much more comfortable. A good incentive to move more! She is still wearing the pink night shirts, Annie/Sarah - we are not taking any risks!

Altogether a good day for her. She has been writing more replies to you all, but is slow because her hands are still a little unpredictable. I shall catch up with her typing a bit later!

Thank you all so much for your continued care and concern. We appreciate it more than you can know.

Ro
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cork

Post by Cork »

Woo-hoo!!!

:-)
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

thank goodness!!

And thank you for the "thank you" pm, but for goodness sake, don't worry about things like that - just get that girl well!!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I am only the typist of those: Lesley has been writing them all herself. She wants to add her own personal thanks to mine, and is only sorry that she is unable to write more. I hope that before too long she will be able to type them herself too!
Ro
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Tell her that we want from her is for her to get better and be able to come back in here herself... (you'll have to register your own name then, so you can stay in the fray. :wink: )
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

anniemcu wrote:Tell her that we want from her is for her to get better and be able to come back in here herself... (you'll have to register your own name then, so you can stay in the fray. :wink: )
He has
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/profile.php?m ... ile&u=9655

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

missy wrote:thank goodness!!

And thank you for the "thank you" pm, but for goodness sake, don't worry about things like that - just get that girl well!!!!
Ditto...on both counts.

Warm healing thoughts to you both.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you all.

Yes, I did register my "mr devondancer" name, but my hotmail account went down and I am using Lesley's internet access. The password went to the Hotmail account, of course, so I don't have it. Don't know how to fix it and it hasn't been a problem - yet!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

You could just hijack your wife's name and make her get a new one. She probably changed her name once for you, she'll probably do it again. I always use my wife's maiden name to make reservations. Her maiden name is a very simple, gender neutral name and it's still a name that I would respond to.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

:D :D :D

Enjoy the view of the outside world!
(and yes, my name is Tom; thanks for remembering)
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
mukade

Post by mukade »

Great News.

I will down several jugs of Guinness in celebration.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

That's excellent news! And here's another "Thanks!" for the "Thanks!" pm. Glad to see you're feeling well enough to write. :thumbsup:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

BigDavy wrote:
anniemcu wrote:Tell her that we want from her is for her to get better and be able to come back in here herself... (you'll have to register your own name then, so you can stay in the fray. :wink: )
He has
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/profile.php?m ... ile&u=9655

David
LOL! Well.. as usual... I'm observant... not. :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

That's splendid news!

Now be careful, and don't go and have a relapse, or you'll have to write all those 'thank you' messages all over again!
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis