More jokes needed please!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
devondancer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

More jokes needed please!

Post by devondancer »

Lesley is still hanging on, fighting hard and fed up! She cannot believe that she "did it again", as she puts it, and has messed up her recovery. She is definitely down today. Nose hair is old news - I took some other printouts with me, and she enjoyed them, but they didn't have the same effect! She did appreciate the kind offers of hair / full fleeces etc, though!

Normally she is so positive that I hate to see her like this, although I think it is inevitable. She has fought so hard and refused to give up again and again, only to be let down by, I quote, her "stupid heart". I keep reminding her that she can still use her hands: that ability has not abandoned her, and that other ability will return slowly, and she is very good, but has had enough. She has not yet moved her legs at all independently and although we don't mention it I know that is very much on her mind. She refers to herself as "devonplodder" at the moment, which I find heartbreaking.

Please help me find things to make devondancer laugh again! You have been so magnificent, I know something will come up!

Thank you again for your help, care and encouragement.

Roland
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

A PM awaits you, Roland.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you, Bill.

And Jerry - that's just what she needs! And she loves the insights into the lives of her friends on the board, most of which are so different from our own, and yet we share so many interests. Typical nurse: always nosy!

Bodily functions are fine, whoever suggested them in an earlier thread! As I said, she is a nurse, and knows more about bodily functions than she cares to, some days.

Ro
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

This thread may be of interest.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

devondancer wrote:And she loves the insights into the lives of her friends on the board ... .
In that case, try this one:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=22637

Best wishes,
Jerry
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I.D.10-t wrote:This thread may be of interest.
What a great thread it was. Some of you actually went to the effort of putting down real punch lines. I think the beauty is that anything can be a punch line if you don't tell the joke.

For example: The bartender said, "anything can be a punchline if you don't tell a joke."

See?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Denny

Post by Denny »

.....and there was Flyingcursor, just standing in the middle of it!
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

There was one I saw on the "Overheard in Dublin" website - which is worth a look.

This fella in the pub has a new mobile phone, which he is showing to his cronies. They are admiring it when it rings. He answers it, with some surprise. It is his wife.
"How did you know I was here?" he asks, and then wonders why his mates are all laughing.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

So Tori Spelling walks into a bar. Bartender says, "why the long face?"

What was Pink Floyd and Dale Earnhardt's greatest hit? The Wall!
(I apologize to any nascar fans out there in Chiffland)

Here's a joke that doesn't work without verbal interperetation:

What does it sound like when a brown cow and a brown chicken are making love? "Brown-chicken-brown-cow!" (think 70's funk/lichen music and the "bow-chika-bow-wow"...get it?)

That's all I got for now......that's appropriate in mixed company anyways.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

THE GREATEST JOKE EVER TOLD:

Two muffins are sitting in an oven. One muffin turns to the other and says, "It's getting pretty hot in here." The second muffin turns to the first and says, "HOLY CRAP A TALKING MUFFIN!"

THE SECOND GREATEST JOKE EVER TOLD:

So this drunk walks out of a bar and sees a nun down an alleyway across the street. He goes over to her, and he pushes her. He just pushes this nun, and she falls. So he starts kicking her. He's just kicking this nun, and she's screaming. This goes on, and finally he stops, and he looks down at her, and he's breathing heavy, and he says, "What do you think NOW, Batman?"

:)
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

So.. ye remember me kid sister, Mary? She married Tommy Fitzgerald... yeah... that's the one.

Well, anyways, seems Tommy's brother's gone and taken up wit another man to live... yeah... yeah... I know what yer thinkin'... an ye may jest be right... but me... I'm thinking this could just be a match made in heaven... ye know? ... Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick...

... What?!?
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I knew I could count on you!
She will love these.

Ro
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

The only joke I ever made up (though it goes over better in a crowd of food scientists)

A priest, a rabbi and a starch granule walk into a bar. The bartender ask the priest, "Wottl you have?"

The priest says, "A wee glass of Irish whisky would be fine."

Tha bartender asks the rabbi, "What can I get for you?"

The rabbi says, "A glass of wine would be perfect."

Then the bartender turns to the starch granule and asks, "For you?," and the starch granule says, "A glass of water would be swell."