Bigfoot Family Refuses to Pay Ransom

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Bigfoot Family Refuses to Pay Ransom

Post by crookedtune »

Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

The press conference is supposed to be held today. I'm really hoping this is for real....I love a good shake up! It seems tough to imagine that 2 people(especially law officers) would make this kind of claim only to have it be a hoax.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

First a chupacabra, http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-sci ... 2008-08-13
now a bigfoot.
Look out Nessie!
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Nessie was made into haggis, years ago.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Flogging Jason wrote:It seems tough to imagine that 2 people(especially law officers) would make this kind of claim only to have it be a hoax.
I'm having trouble seeing the description "former prison guard" as indicative of any degree of probity, or of the opposite.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

s1m0n wrote:
Flogging Jason wrote:It seems tough to imagine that 2 people(especially law officers) would make this kind of claim only to have it be a hoax.
I'm having trouble seeing the description "former prison guard" as indicative of any degree of probity, or of the opposite.
Whether active or retired they still carry a certain set of social expectations. I'm not here to argue about it. I'm just saying they have more to lose by lying than average Joe cryptophile.

I still think that no matter how concrete the evidence there will still be hoardes of naysayers and nonbelievers(even though new species are discovered everyday) simply because the issue of bigfoot has been so controversial for so long. It'll be the same when we finally make(public) contact with extraterrestrials and when we find Nessie too. People simply won't believe it no matter how true.

I'm not easily duped....but I know: The Truth is Out There
Denny

Post by Denny »

still miss Lenny, do ya?
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

What if it's really him, but he only takes a size 7 shoe?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Flogging Jason wrote:... average Joe cryptophile.
I'm so stealing that. I hope you'll forgive me.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Flogging Jason wrote: It seems tough to imagine that 2 people(especially law officers) would make this kind of claim only to have it be a hoax.
Well the only expert they are allowing to see the body, Tom Biscardi, has already been involved in one Bigfoot hoax.

*resists urge to say "Puhleeeeeeeeze.*

*well, not successfully*
/cf
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Flogging Jason wrote: Whether active or retired they still carry a certain set of social expectations. I'm not here to argue about it. I'm just saying they have more to lose by lying than average Joe cryptophile.
A jail guard? We're talking Lyndie England & her boyfriend Charles Graner here. He was a PA jailguard in civilian life, as well as at Abu Ghraib. If that sends any message, the message is "Bully. Close-set eyes. Not especially smart, with gusts up to 'retarded'. Failed cop-school."
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
emmline

Post by emmline »

Whitton and Dyer plan to unveil what they say is DNA and photo evidence of the discovery in Palo Alto, California, in conjunction with a group called Searching for Bigfoot Inc.

A photograph on that group's Web site shows what appears to be the body of a large, hairy creature with an ape-like face, stuffed into a large freezer.
So why--if they've got a big carcass in a deep-freeze--would they only release photo and DNA evidence? Is there a problem with letting estimable witnesses actually have a look at the stiff? Something smells more like fish than ape...
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

s1m0n wrote:the message is "Bully. Close-set eyes. Not especially smart, with gusts up to 'retarded'. Failed cop-school."
That doesn't sound very liberal-minded of you.
MagicSailor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MagicSailor »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Nessie was made into haggis, years ago.
4-5 years ago I met Scotsman in San Sebastian de La Gomera (Canary Islands) who claimed to know personally the man who invented the Loch Ness monster myth...

When I sailed through the Caledonian canal a few years ago on my old boat, the Naomi J., I stopped at the Loch Ness monster museum. I noted that of all the so called "observations" of the Loch Ness monster, none were ever made by a seaman in spite of the thousands of ocean going vessels (including my own) that have passed through the Loch. In other words, nobody who is used to being at sea and observing the surface of the sea in all its different moods has ever claimed to have seen the monster.

Owen
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

MagicSailor wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Nessie was made into haggis, years ago.
4-5 years ago I met Scotsman in San Sebastian de La Gomera (Canary Islands) who claimed to know personally the man who invented the Loch Ness monster myth...

When I sailed through the Caledonian canal a few years ago on my old boat, the Naomi J., I stopped at the Loch Ness monster museum. I noted that of all the so called "observations" of the Loch Ness monster, none were ever made by a seaman in spite of the thousands of ocean going vessels (including my own) that have passed through the Loch. In other words, nobody who is used to being at sea and observing the surface of the sea in all its different moods has ever claimed to have seen the monster.

Owen
Actually, I see it pretty clearly in your avatar.