A good word for Martin Doyle's flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

A good word for Martin Doyle's flutes

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Howdy folks,

I just wanted to send out a little shout to say that I've recently bought a Martin Doyle, unkeyed, blackwood flute, without a tuning slide, and it is simply wonderful. I'm no stranger to good flutes, and this one is just lovely and wonderful and a pleasure to play in every respect. It's such a pleasure to play that it's really gotten me playing every day again and loving it. I'll try and put up some clips in the next few weeks, though the recordings I've made really don't capture the loveliness of the flute's tone, nor how wonderfully playable it is. Okay, okay, enough... it's time to go play.... lovely flute.... just beautiful.....

Chris
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

Good to see you on the board again!

That sounds like a lovely instrument; I look forward to listening to your clips.

Take care,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Doyle Flutes are lovely things, the Flute in my avatar is a Doyle in Rosewood. They are becoming quite popular (I know at least 5 other people who play one) and that is for a good reason.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Well, greetings stranger! I guess we're just not destined to hook up again face-to-face any time soon. (We're family, folks).

Yes, do post clips! As you can hear below, I'm still pretty early in my development, but loving the wooden flute. It's a Casey Burns mopane large-holed standard.

There are some great sessions here in Raleigh, if you ever wander back this way.

Cheers! :party:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
bayswater
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bayswater »

crookedtune wrote:Yes, do post clips!
And pics, if you can :)
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

William Bajzek
bepoq
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

Post by bepoq »

Yes indeed, I'll put in a vote for them too, I think they are excellent instruments, and very consistent. I always enjoy playing them.
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here