hi everone!!!!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bradhurley »

About 10 years ago I got an email from a friend of mine in France who said he would send me a K7 and I had no idea what he was talking about, until I remembered that the letter k in french is pronounced "kah" and "7" is pronounced "sept" and I realized it was shorthand for cassette.

When we were in Maine a couple of years ago we saw a car with a vanity license plate that said "Piano KC," which I assume was meant to advertise a guy named Casey who played the piano, but in French that would be read as "piano cassé" or "broken piano."

Kelly, just remember you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince ;-)
daiv
antispam: No

Post by daiv »

David Migoya wrote:<jumping up>

HEAR HEAR

I SECOND the motion!
i call a vote. all those who oppose, say "oppose." all those in favor, say, "aye"
daiv

Post by daiv »

bradhurley wrote:About 10 years ago I got an email from a friend of mine in France who said he would send me a K7 and I had no idea what he was talking about, until I remembered that the letter k in french is pronounced "kah" and "7" is pronounced "sept" and I realized it was shorthand for cassette.

When we were in Maine a couple of years ago we saw a car with a vanity license plate that said "Piano KC," which I assume was meant to advertise a guy named Casey who played the piano, but in French that would be read as "piano cassé" or "broken piano."

Kelly, just remember you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince ;-)

haha, in english, k7 sounds like a gun. i like it! i'm going to start using it, to refer to mp3's.
cuteKelly1995

ok one more!

Post by cuteKelly1995 »

be nice guy's!

love,
Kel kel

http://www.box.net/shared/2yojzbt8o8
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

careful
seems a few computers have operated a little slower (mine surely did) after opening the first one.

this could be a trap!

use caution!

(but in case anyone listens....please tell me how funny it is!)
jemtheflute
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

Aanvil wrote:Careful Kelly love... Jems a rake.

Nah, I'm not that thin any more. Sigh. :sniffle: At least I have all my hair, grey or not!
Aanvil wrote:theres a little snow it the basement too
Aanvil, how could you (let on)? Especially when I promised I'd let you toot my flute? Nothing frozen in the cellar, though! :)
cuteKelly1995 wrote:immoderator is my favorite! if i kiss u, will u change into a prince
Careful Kels, u shd hv c-n wot he lkd lk b4!
bradhurley wrote:Kelly, just remember you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince
Looks to me like she may have done so already. :o

BTW, lots of mammaries in Wales. I live not far from a big hill called Moel Famau - the nice chapel folks translate that as "hill of the mothers" but we all know it really means "tit hill". It even has the stub of an old tower right on the top. :wink: and guess what it looks like from Chester and the Wirral. 8)

Re: new clip. Our jester is more obviously highly competent and knowledgeable on this evidence! Not so funny. Should have got the dog to blow in the whistle. Hey, how come this is on the flute forum anyway? No nasties entailed, David. The only Trojan Horse is the thread itself and the only virus is the one affecting Kelly's tongue and fingers. Or maybe that's more a result of what she's been blowing?
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

LOL

very true.
If it's real....she needs a teacher. Serious teacher.

but.....the bumpy road theory remains!

and show me the way to the hill!
rama
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

Last edited by rama on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Compounded misapprehension deleted.

(How's that for a bit of LPV?)
Last edited by jemtheflute on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
emmline

Post by emmline »

bradhurley wrote:About 10 years ago I got an email from a friend of mine in France who said he would send me a K7 and I had no idea what he was talking about, until I remembered that the letter k in french is pronounced "kah" and "7" is pronounced "sept" and I realized it was shorthand for cassette.

Right. Well, I never post in the flute forum, because I don't have a flute, but someone clued me in to the new member, so I came to check.
But...in the above vein--I was listening to a French newsmagazine--a story about a new commuter train line near Paris, and it baffled me that the name for this particular line was "tais-toi," which basically means "shut up." Took me a while to realize it was T-3.
daiv

Post by daiv »

i agree. not as funny. kel, you've done a bad thing. you've gotten better. i think i'm going to have to cry myself to sleep, now.
emmline wrote:

Right. Well, I never post in the flute forum, because I don't have a flute, but someone clued me in to the new member, so I came to check.
But...in the above vein--I was listening to a French newsmagazine--a story about a new commuter train line near Paris, and it baffled me that the name for this particular line was "tais-toi," which basically means "shut up." Took me a while to realize it was T-3.
that's amazing.
Ceili_whistle_man
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

u 4 real kely? f so ur scary
i pd myslf wen i herd u play
doin it jus 4 a laf? good on u ur soooo fny
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
cuteKelly1995

Post by cuteKelly1995 »

omg you guy's r totally not gonna believe this! I chatted online with this on guy named David Migoya, and he gave me some lesson's on my flute playin!

Heres wut i lerned:

1) its not a flute, its called a wissel. omg, ive ben saying it rong the hole time!!!! :lol:

b. there not song's, there called reals! i nevr new that. i wuz saying songs and there really called real's! mabe thats why people are alway's saying to me, are those reel? (+) (+)

IV. he also sed the best way to lern irish music is not to lissen to the advise you get from annonimus avatar's who think they know it all on the internets but to actually listen to established player's! omg! he suggested i listen to a band called lunesta or somethin (i forget) but i did and i lerned a knew real! I think its called the invisible real or the real hard to see real.

so, heres my 3rd and finel last posted song, i mean, real! 3rd times a charm, right guy's?

the unseen real

now i have to go werk on my jugs and reals!

love,
Kellsikins

ps - you must luv my new real! its ben downloded 122 time's already
Last edited by cuteKelly1995 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

that Migoya guy is a real good teacher! :lol:
Denny

Post by Denny »

yep, he is!

bye! Image