Aerlingus

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Crysania
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Aerlingus

Post by Crysania »

I think this is the best place to ask this, but I'm not sure. I'm going to be flying to Ireland via Aerlingus this summer. For those of you who have flown with them before -- do you know if they are set up to let you plug your laptop in? I'm doubting it, but I thought I'd check before we run out and buy an mp3 player.

I did try to call Aerlingus, but I can't wait over 15 minutes to talk to someone since I'm at work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Crysania
<i>~`~"I have nothing to say and I'm saying it." <blockquote>-- John Cage~`~</blockquote></i>
Montana

Post by Montana »

The last time I flew them, you could plug your laptop in ONLY if you were in first class.
No plug-in access in coach. But that was a couple years ago and it was an Airbus 330. I don't think they have 747s.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I don't think I've ever flown on an airline that let you plug things in, in coach class anyway. What airlines allow this?
Henke

Post by Henke »

Aerlingus is great. They had a good looking gall speaking Irish in the mic first thing when I got on-board. I think I fell in love there for a second.
As to your question, I have no idea. I was way to busy checking out that stewardess for the rest of the flight to worry about laptops or mp3s :D
Crysania

Post by Crysania »

Thanks for letting me know your experience Montana. I figured they didn't, but I just wanted to make sure before we ran out and spent money on an mp3 player.

avanutria -- I don't know the answer to that question. Someone told me some larger international flights did. So I thought I'd check.

And um...thanks for the details Henke. ;) I won't be staring at the ladies of the flight, so I guess I'll have to spend time with my mp3 player!

~Crysania
<i>~`~"I have nothing to say and I'm saying it." <blockquote>-- John Cage~`~</blockquote></i>
neospreshaw

a330

Post by neospreshaw »

man they do have 747 ok airbusa320
Neos

ps airbus320
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

avanutria wrote:I don't think I've ever flown on an airline that let you plug things in, in coach class anyway. What airlines allow this?
American does here in the states, depending which airframe you are on and when it was bought. I've had 737s with and without electrical plugs in coach on the same route
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Poteen on tap???
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

The Weekenders wrote:Poteen on tap???
Weeks, why would you want that?

I seem to recall you backing away in horror the last couple of times I offered you poteen. The stuff doesn't taste *that* bad, after all. If you like to drink marker board cleaner, that is.

:twisted:
Sandy McLeod

Post by Sandy McLeod »

Aer Lingus recently dumped their route from LAX. I think they still may be flying from SFO but I'm not sure. As with many airlines, even foreign carriers in the US, tune in tomorrow.
Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
djm

Post by djm »

Is it true all their hostesses are named Connie? :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Wow, this is an old thread. And I've still never seen plug in points on my flights. I must travel on cheapo planes.
MandoMark

Post by MandoMark »

Visit www.seatguru.com . If you know your airline and the equipment you'll be flying you can have a seat-by-seat description of all the options.

Gee, didn't think my first post here would be about airline outlet availability...
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

avanutria wrote:Wow, this is an old thread. And I've still never seen plug in points on my flights. I must travel on cheapo planes.
I didn't even notice it was a zombie thread.
Maybe there really is some jetliner spam going on...
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

avanutria wrote:Wow, this is an old thread. And I've still never seen plug in points on my flights. I must travel on cheapo planes.
I didn't even notice at first, until you said something :P But since I'm here anyway....

We flew Aer Lingus this past June to Ireland, and you are not able to plug in your laptop in coach, at least not on the plane we were on. I have no idea if you can in First Class. Just a FYI for anyone who might be curious since the initial question 2 years ago :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.