What does this mean?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

What does this mean?

Post by Walden »

I think it means nothing at all:

100% Juice
with other added ingredients
Reasonable person
Walden
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

I think I agree.

I also think that the juice bottling company doesn't understand what the term "one hundred percent" means. :lol:

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
djm

Post by djm »

I think the juice company knows exactly what it is doing. They know that people are being educated on what to look for in their food. 100% juice not from concentrate is the lesson being taught to be better for you. People are being primed to this lesson. So this juice company is hoping to trick people who might foolishly only read the big print and ignore the little print.

Obviously, this juice company are cheats and crooks and all their products should be avoided.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

peeplj wrote: I also think that the juice bottling company doesn't understand what the term "one hundred percent" means.
Or doesn't care.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

Probably the same as "Made with 100% real juice".
Which means that the total product likely contains about 1% juice if that, i.e. one of the ingredients is 100% juice.
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
Ronbo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

As the effective intelligence level of the public continues to decay, you can expect to see more and more disingenuous advertising like this to pop up.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

We have a natural food store nearby called "As Nature Intended" with an orange juice squeezer.

You pay about £4.50 for a litre of juice, and set the machine going to juice as you watch.

It's pricey, but the best and freshest juice, a real treat not to be guzzling their "other added ingredients".
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

They aren't giving 110%.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Jack

Post by Jack »

It means "BUY ME!"
Jack

Post by Jack »

Ronbo wrote:As the effective intelligence level of the public continues to decay, you can expect to see more and more disingenuous advertising like this to pop up.
There are a few of us who are getting more and more intelligent as the general population becomes less so. It is "we" who are marketing the juice.
StevieJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Martin Milner wrote:We have a natural food store nearby called "As Nature Intended"...
I must say I admire their confidence in their own ability to interpret Nature's intentions. I'm very happy to learn that for all these millennia Nature was waiting for electric squeezers to be invented so that oranges could be consumed according to her designs.

Similar strange presumptions crop up quite frequently in advertising. For example, a phrase that struck me forcefully many years ago exhorted American tourists to "See Europe as it was meant to be seen..."

Meant by whom, I have always wondered.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

StevieJ wrote:
Martin Milner wrote:We have a natural food store nearby called "As Nature Intended"...
I must say I admire their confidence in their own ability to interpret Nature's intentions. I'm very happy to learn that for all these millennia Nature was waiting for electric squeezers to be invented so that oranges could be consumed according to her designs.

Similar strange presumptions crop up quite frequently in advertising. For example, a phrase that struck me forcefully many years ago exhorted American tourists to "See Europe as it was meant to be seen..."

Meant by whom, I have always wondered.
That reminds me of some cereal Kellog's put out a couple of decades ago. I think it was Mucus or Musilix or something. They said, "The way breakfast was meant to be." Ugh.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
emmline

Post by emmline »

I think, Fly, that was Mueslix, and it was supposed to conjure thoughts of a lovely, heart-healthy muesli multi-grain mix. But you're exactly right about how it really sounded to the ear. Someone wasn't on the ball in that marketing session.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

emmline wrote:Someone wasn't on the ball in that marketing session.
And what on earth is a soup that eats like a meal?
emmline

Post by emmline »

Walden wrote:
emmline wrote:Someone wasn't on the ball in that marketing session.
And what on earth is a soup that eats like a meal?
I don't know. How does a meal eat?