OT - Start Trek Nemesis

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Bagfed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bagfed »

We switched to satelite right before the end of voyager and the satelite didn't yet have the local chanel it came on. I still don't know how the series ended. Could someone give me a run-down?

Aaron
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

On 2002-12-15 07:33, brewerpaul wrote:
Tyghress, you're a wonder!! The secret ingredient is indeed prune juice.... Next time I brew a batch (when I'm not tearing my hair out over Pink Ivory), you are welcome to a 6 pack, Tyg!
I'll take you up on that, Paul! and I'll save a bottle or two for Beth who also knew.

Along the same lines, have you ever thought of brewing '307 Ale'? Tune and lyrics by Tom Smith...you can hear him do his thing on MP3.com

This guy is a phenomenal filker. . .(filk, not folk) who will do one song like 307 Ale that tickles one's punny bone, then do 'A Frog and his Boy' that made me weep (tribute to Jim Henson).

Anyway... http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/542/542138.html

The ultimate cyber cocktail: high tech booze with a bad pun chaser.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

LOL! Tyghress, you can keep mine.

Bagfed, this link will hopefully cover the whole episode:

http://www.talax.fsnet.co.uk/ependga.htm

There are a lot of sites out there that have really comprehensive information on the episodes. This unfortunately isn't the site I found last year, which was better, but it seems to be suffieient. Enjoy!
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Bagfed,

go here for practically blow-by-blow accounts of almost every Voy ep. Quite funny as well.

http://www.treknews.com/deltablues/
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

Bagfed...where have you been??? I haven't seen you around in ages!

I always wondered about your "From: The bottom of Lake Michigan" thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vaporlock on 2002-12-15 19:46 ]</font>
Caj

Post by Caj »

Just saw the movie, and I was thinking the same thing about the suspiciously whistle-length box on Picard's desk. I'm pretty sure that's the one.

Aaaaaaand, I really liked the movie---probably for the same reason every one else is saying "eh, it's okay." It doesn't seem that memorable a movie precisely because it has little in the way of the extravagantly silly plot concepts and annoying cliches which have infected previous Star Trek scripts. This one is just good old fashioned science fiction, which I suppose strikes some critics as hum-drum.

Caj
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

BTW, all those posting in this thread have been really considerate so far abt not including spoilers, but could I just remind everyone -- NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Me in little Singapore will likely not get to see it until Feb/Mar next yr.
Kar

Post by Kar »

I saw Nemesis on Sat and while I sort of liked the fact that it wasn't like the other ST films, I don't think they quite reached what they were going for. It just didn't gel. I don't know about anyone else, but I get tired of having action sequences strung together with some plot. Shouldn't we have a good STORY first, and then if the story requires some action, go for it.

Also, isn't there ANYONE else out there that likes DS9? It is my favorite series, with Next Gen being a close second. I can't stand Voyager (too much pandering) and after the bad Enterprise season premiere, I gave up. Well, I just had to stand up for Sisko, Dax, O'Brien, Kira, Odo and the rest....
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

To quote myself...:grin:
On 2002-12-14 10:59, Cees wrote:
I also wasn't into DS9 till its last year but now watching the reruns I like it, too.
I like DS9 quite well now, Kar! Not quite as much as TNG and Voyager, but I do really like it. :smile:

Edited to add: my 500th post! Woo hoo! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cees on 2002-12-16 15:29 ]</font>
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

Yep, they don't make cool space sci-fi like they used to.

avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

That's because nowadays the female characters manage to stay conscious throughout the film.

(note the theme in your posters there. :smile: )
Jim_B1

Post by Jim_B1 »

Well, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pretty much Star Treked out. I probably won't go to see the latest movie and I disliked the first 3 or 4 eposodes of Enterprise so I haven't watched it since then. DS9 was pretty boring, Voyager had a few good moments, Generation had some good episodes too. Overall I enjoy Trek but it's too much at this point. I'm going to stick with Stargate SG-1 for my TV viewing pleasure. It's probably the best SciFi show out there right now.
JMHO
-Jim
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Oh yeah, another Stargate fan! I totally agree with you. My husband and I love Stargate. Do you watch the current season on cable or the syndicated one a year behind? We see it in syndication.
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Stargate SG1! Go Richard Dean Anderson!

Though I think I liked the movie more than the show. Admittedly, I've only seen maybe 7-8 Stargate episodes. And that's probably close to how many times I saw the movie!