A First in My Life as a Cat-Owner...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

emmline wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Mine's still going around being embarrassed after her flying regurge.
What animal besides a cat gets embarrassed?
Gorillas (and people).
jlunt

Post by jlunt »

My cat, Buster, has never vomited on me. Near me, yes, but never on me.

However, I love Buster's proud look, even standing just a bit taller, as he greets me first thing in the morning to present to me the fine gift of a mouse, dead, still containing most of it's parts (though some displaced).

I don't care for it as much when he falls asleep while waiting to give me this wonderful present. Then, as I step on his gift, he wakes to see me disrespecting his proud achievement. The look of disgust he is able to clearly exhibit towards me at that moment is truly remarkable. And he's able to maintain that attitude until his dinner time. Then he kindly forgives me provided I promptly feed him.
Merry Blacksmith on a Feadog.
Absent-Minded Woman.
Yes... I am a beginner.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Alan wrote:About 35 years have passed yet I still vividly recall awakening one morning, lying on my back, and hearing the sound of my sister's cat Inky starting to vomit.

Alas, I also felt those characteristic accompanying tremors as she was on my stomach and facing me.

I opened my eyes just in time to see her deposit a medium diameter gooey beige puddle of puke onto my chest.

Ah... memories!
Alan, in 6 years and 500 posts, you choose to post about cat vomit?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Jack

Post by Jack »

mutepointe wrote:
Alan wrote:About 35 years have passed yet I still vividly recall awakening one morning, lying on my back, and hearing the sound of my sister's cat Inky starting to vomit.

Alas, I also felt those characteristic accompanying tremors as she was on my stomach and facing me.

I opened my eyes just in time to see her deposit a medium diameter gooey beige puddle of puke onto my chest.

Ah... memories!
He makes up for the lack of posts in the chat room. You should visit some time. :)
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Re: A First in My Life as a Cat-Owner...

Post by dubhlinn »

Nanohedron wrote:... herself was luxuriating in my lap as I tapped away at the keyboard, and all of a sudden I noticed that characteristic full-body peristaltic-wave undulating pre-puke thing they do, and I thought, Hmm. Cats immobilise when in their puke-throes. I wonder if my leg's gonna get it. But she was, in a word, heroic: in a never-before seen act of supreme will, she overcame her immobilisation and leapt to the floor. I was impressed by that, you can be sure. Still, the timing was a bit off. I'd never seen a cat chunder in mid-air before.

Jeez Nan..Next time you do a gig, look around yourself and say Hello to the nearest woman...

Slan,
D. :-?
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
emmline

Post by emmline »

dubhlinn wrote: Jeez Nan..Next time you do a gig, look around yourself and say Hello to the nearest woman...
Now, now Dubh...inordinate fondness for a feline is not, in and of itself, a sign of social deprivation. I would know. About cats, not Nano. :lol:
Alan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

mutepointe wrote:Alan, in 6 years and 500 posts, you choose to post about cat vomit?
Yes. Is that so wrong? :-?

I remained on topic too.

Shameful, eh? :lol:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Jack wrote:
mutepointe wrote:

Ah... memories!
He makes up for the lack of posts in the chat room. You should visit some time. :)
I'm not so sure he makes up much! Granted, he's there, but . . .

He needs to go there right now, too, because I have to go to bed and left Karina all by herself . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

I recall a cat who left a present in my brother's boat shoe. She was a smallish Balinese and just fit inside it. Unfortunately for the bro, she was quiet when she puked- poor kid had no warning. For those who are unaware, boat shoes are often worn without socks.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

dubhlinn wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:... herself was luxuriating in my lap as I tapped away at the keyboard, and all of a sudden I noticed that characteristic full-body peristaltic-wave undulating pre-puke thing they do, and I thought, Hmm. Cats immobilise when in their puke-throes. I wonder if my leg's gonna get it. But she was, in a word, heroic: in a never-before seen act of supreme will, she overcame her immobilisation and leapt to the floor. I was impressed by that, you can be sure. Still, the timing was a bit off. I'd never seen a cat chunder in mid-air before.

Jeez Nan..Next time you do a gig, look around yourself and say Hello to the nearest woman...

Slan,
D. :-?
But I do. And to the farthest, too. Apparently I look way different onstage than off. After a while you can only handle so much (of their) disappointment.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

I trod, with bare feet (of course), on the remains of a mouse my cat had sicked up. Unfortunately it was still whole enough for what was left of its insides to squish out of its bottom. I have never forgotten it!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:
dubhlinn wrote: Jeez Nan..Next time you do a gig, look around yourself and say Hello to the nearest woman...
Now, now Dubh...inordinate fondness for a feline is not, in and of itself, a sign of social deprivation. I would know. About cats, not Nano. :lol:
Inordinate?? Poppycock. I have simply seen what side my bread's buttered on and accepted my role as the lesser being in this association.
emmline wrote:Ever seen an otherwise dignified (at least in its own mind) feline miscalculate a jump then look around to see if anyone noticed?
I think they're this way from birth. I remember a couple of kittens racing each other along the dining room floor, and the concept of evading obstacles hadn't quite sunk into one of 'em as one made it into the kitchen and the other ran facefirst square into a wall. It sat down and started grooming itself with that typical "I meant to do that" aspect they do so well.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

emmline wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Mine's still going around being embarrassed after her flying regurge.
What animal besides a cat gets embarrassed? So weird.
Ever seen an otherwise dignified (at least in its own mind) feline miscalculate a jump then look around to see if anyone noticed?
Activate "Emergency Dirty Spot!"
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Funnily enough, after reading this thread I found my cat had vomited up a furball for the first time in ages yesterday morning. Of course I stood in it with bare feet, just for tradition's sake.
djm

Post by djm »

I believe the correct form calls for rubber wellies.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.