Anyone else have a interesting dream lately?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Anyone else have a interesting dream lately?

Post by mutepointe »

This is my interesting dream. I found myself in a mental hospital only it looked like a cheesy funeral home with plastic potted plants. I told them that I was a social worker and wasn't supposed to be there. That didn't work. Then they told me that it was 1963. I knew that it was 2008 but I was smart enough to not tell them that. But I also knew there was a big difference in mental health from 1963 to 2008 so I had to get out of that place. I convinced them to let me prove my identity. So the staff and I drove all the way back to Pennsylvania and I had to figure out where my Mom was going to be in 1963 and get her to vouch for me without having her freak out that I was a middle aged man rather than a little baby. We didn't find her but I did get to see my hometown in 1963 and we stopped by the restaurant where my Mom was a waitress way before 1963. We had the daily special. They had the best mashed potatoes and gravy. Mom always said to order the daily special. Then I woke up. Whew.

Don't bother analyzing this or I'll start telling you more dreams to mess with you.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Just the routine dream, most every night,
of working in the donut factory punching holes
in donuts.

Yeah, I know what it means, of course.
You would think my unconscious might
come up with something more subtle
for a change.

Sometimes I dream I'm
an engineer driving a train into a tunnel.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Interesting. I used to have a repetitive dream about a giant train. It would rise up off its tracks and hunt me. Never could figure out why.
Cotelette d'Agneau
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

When I was younger I used to dream I was a sowing machine ,but as I have got older I now dream I'm one of those nodding donkey things.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

My dream is like Jim Stone's, except I had to put a cigar into each doughnut hole. And the doughnuts were hairy!
But I seemed to enjoy the work.

Whatever could it mean?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
rorybbellows

Post by rorybbellows »

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

One night last week just before bedtime, I received an e-mail from Mick Woodruff.
He wrote to tell me that he recently met Joanie Madden after a CTL show, and he also sent a photo of himself standing with her.
With that imagery fresh in my mind, I went to bed and dreamed that I also met Joanie, and she introduced me to her husband, John Madden (yes, THAT John Madden)! :P
But I wonder if you could even call that an 'interesting dream'... I'm sure Joanie would call it a nightmare! :o
Last edited by raindog1970 on Sun May 25, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

One of the most fascinating things to me about dreams is the decay in dream recall. We probably don't have any memory of most of our dreams. We hang on to memories of a small number. Many people, including myself, wake up remembering dreams and have that memory decay rapidly--usually in minutes or an hour or two. Just night before last I had a long and complicated dream. I got up and I was drinking coffee, I said, I need to remember this one. Can't remember today anything about it. Of course, if you write it down, you've got it. Also, if you keep rehearsing and going over it in your head, you're more likely to remember it.

But, it's hard to think of any other kind of memory that has that kind of decay curve, when there's a story or narrative to it.
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

Dale wrote:
But, it's hard to think of any other kind of memory that has that kind of decay curve, when there's a story or narrative to it.
For most folks, musical memory decays fast. If a person hears a melody line, they can often hold it in their mind for a few minutes. If it isn't recorded in some fashion quickly, it disappears into the ether.

I had a dream last night. I remember the part of stepping through the portal into an alternate reality/dream/wake state. Kind of a spooky yet overall a pleasant dream. If I had written the notes as soon as I woke up, it would be in more detail. For some years, I did write down the dreams, but this year, I am doing less of the journaling and such and living more in the moment.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Once upon a time I was a student at a creative writing class. They advised us to keep a dream-diary: a notebook in which we would write down our dreams, the morning after we experienced them.
It was an excellent exercise in learning speed and accuracy in getting the details down. I still have the notebook that I kept. The first two pages are a couple of vague sentences each. The last are detailed and concise.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

rorybbellows wrote:Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

RORY
Not this time!
rorybbellows

Post by rorybbellows »

jim stone wrote:
rorybbellows wrote:Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

RORY
Not this time!
If you take into account the dream includes hairy doughnuts ,I think even Mr Freud would have to agree with you.

Some people believe that certain foods eaten before going to bed can make you dream more .

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Dale wrote:... Of course, if you write it down, you've got it. Also, if you keep rehearsing and going over it in your head, you're more likely to remember it.
Scary...

It gets a lot better when I rehearse it a few times.

It's only when I go to write it down I remember my problem...

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Last night I woke up several times during the night, and each time I reviewed what I had been dreaming about. In the past I have kept a dream journal, and the contents are interesting and amusing to reread years later. Last night the last dream sequence before waking in the morining found me and my wife wandering around a large building, trying to find an exit. We kept going into different rooms only to find that they didn't lead to the outside. One path did lead to the outside both it was an upstairs balcony. The walls were stone, and it looked like an old castle. There was no sense of panic just some frustration in not being able to find a way out. Finally I popped my head through the ceiling tile, and I saw that the room above was a restaurant and that there were many people sitting at tables enjoying their meals. I'm not sure how we managed it, but soon we were able to pop up into the restaurant and sit ourselves at a table. Before I was able to take the first bite of what appeared to be delicious food, I woke up.
jw wren

Post by jw wren »

In my dream Mr T and I are sleeping at my parent's place - they are not at home - when I hear movement in the kitchen: probably a rat. So I get up and walk heavily towards the kitchen, hoping to scare it. I turn on the light to find a new born puppy on the chopping board. I struggle to know what to do with it - toss it outside or protect it? I decide it needs a warm cloth and box to sleep in and am looking for the cloth when I awake.

In his sleep, Mr T hears me walking heavily and complains that I'm interupting his music practice. He's on his way out of the music room to find out what I'm doing when he wakes up.

The question is... who was actually walking heavily given that we were both asleep???
The Aunts' credo: Live young, die fast, pray no one has to go looking for your corpse.

(with apologies to Nick Romano)