Ladies: Looking to Make $5K?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Ladies: Looking to Make $5K?

Post by djm »

I haven't tried <A TARGET="NEW" HREF="http://seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /805210367"> this approach</A>, myself. I'm curious to see if it works well for him. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Well, if he finds someone, the money basically just stays in the family. Give him 10-15 years...he'll find out he can get along just fine alone.

Susan
Thomaston
antispam: No

Post by Thomaston »

He sure does look a lot older than 39!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I don't know, though...a guy handing me money after a "successful" date would feel pretty low.

Susan
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

I would be worried about the resulting sample selection.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Thomaston wrote:He sure does look a lot older than 39!
That's exactly what I thought!! He looks 60! Though 60 is the new 40, so I guess he's older than he looks?
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Paul Reid wrote:
Thomaston wrote:He sure does look a lot older than 39!
That's exactly what I thought!! He looks 60! Though 60 is the new 40, so I guess he's older than he looks?
Well, maybe not 60, but I'd say he looks more like 59. Of course he wants a woman who is 23-43. Reading through the article, I would say that the man has some unresolved mother issues. $400 for the 4th "successful" date is absurd and disgusting. It should be at least $500, and he should drop the qualifier "successful". If a woman can put up with him for three dates, she ought to get the money, up front at the beginner of the 4th date regardless. Am I being too harsh or overly generous? If she walks, then it would be $500 well spent.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

You know, if he just stopped with the awkwardness about the offering of money and called it what it is - a dowry - it could be seen as a quaint, if not romantic, harking back to a bygone day; maybe it'll even catch on and come back into fashion. Sort of like ITM. Not much of a dowry, though, if you ask me. Cheap dog.

But what the heck is a "successful" date? I mean, does it presume a smile, or the clamps? This could be creepy.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

Nano wrote:called it what it is - a dowry
IIRC a dowry is paid by the bride's family to the groom. I think in this case it would more correctly be called the "bride price".

djm
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I quit reading halfway through the story. He's calling "women" "girls." If he's looking for a girl, he might think of himself as a "boy." I think "women" want to marry "men."
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Nanohedron wrote:You know, if he ... called it what it is - a dowry
A dowery is the opposite - the man being paid by the wife's family to take her. This is a bride-price.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

susnfx wrote:I don't know, though...a guy handing me money after a "successful" date would feel pretty low.

Susan

Well... I have a pretty good idea what I might call a successful date and if you give money for that in many states they'll take you to the hoosegow.

:D

A agree no way is that guy 39.

He still has his eyes so at least we know the mom thing hasn't gone too far... yet.

:o
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Aww, guys! He's just cute, in a teddy-bear sort of way. But Maine? He moved to Maine thinking there were lots of girls there? I'm not surprised that he moved from Key West, since that's some prime gay and lesbian real estate, but . . . Maine? At his mama's behest?

Then there was the poem-in-a-bottle he tossed in the ocean; he never got a response. Unsurprisingly.

I'd thought I'd hit the nail on the head with those two items, but I was mistaken. This is the problem . . . the mere thought of which would send any right-minded female running screaming for the door:
She has to laugh, because I like to make things funny all the time.
A girl could do worse than a 39-year-old, balding, white-water-rafting motel manager, but $5,000 is not enough compensation for a perpetually funny one. It's not even close.

Anyone know what that circular gray thing hanging in front of the windows might be? Moose deterrent? A pizza pan hung up to dry? Something to intercept alien brain waves?
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm

Post by djm »

Lambchop wrote:Anyone know what that circular gray thing hanging in front of the windows might be?
I think it is the backside of the motel sign in the front window (and a pretty snazzy joint it is, too, I'll bet). :wink:

djm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Anyone know what that circular gray thing hanging in front of the windows might be?
I think it is the backside of the motel sign in the front window (and a pretty snazzy joint it is, too, I'll bet). :wink:

djm
At least it looks clean. No stains on the sofa and the linoleum on the floor is all shiny and everything.

They have a pool AND a pool table!

http://www.lodgeatkennebunk.com/aboutus.htm
Cotelette d'Agneau