31 days left!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

31 days left!

Post by izzarina »

Until I board a flight bound for Dublin. Yeah...I'm a bit excited, which is why I'm sharing ;)

::dances around the pub for a bit::

:party:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I hear it's pretty rough over there.
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

Walden wrote:I hear it's pretty rough over there.
The Izz can take 'em. Not to worry.
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

I never heard of someone being that excited to go to Ohio but yeah those farmers and sheep can be a bit rough :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Azalin wrote:I never heard of someone being that excited to go to Ohio but yeah those farmers and sheep can be a bit rough :D
Hey!!! They have a really great Irish festival in Dublin...and they're not all that rough if you know how to handle 'em ;)
emmline

Post by emmline »

Azalin wrote:I never heard of someone being that excited to go to Ohio but yeah those farmers and sheep can be a bit rough :D
No, it is rough there. Locals pronounce chimney "chimley," and restaurants with names like Der Alpine Alpa specialize in fried foods and being home to the "World's Largest Cuckoo Clock."
Oh, and if you want to see it? You have to fork over a dime and pass through a turnstile. That's after about the worst meal you ever ate. And you get up there and it's lame.
Still, I bought a mug, because I couldn't imagine anything dorkier and I wanted to commemorate it.

Oh, but as for the other Dublin...I was there once, in 1981. With my parents and family. We got to spend one whole day in Ireland because the air traffic controllers had gone on strike which hacked about 5 days off our trip. Then we flew to London.
Mainly I remember sitting in a department store with my sister (she was 20, I was 19,) and a couple of American boys spotted us and outed us as Yanks. They could just tell, they said.
djm

Post by djm »

Coulda bin Cleveland. :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:
Oh, but as for the other Dublin...I was there once, in 1981.

Now she tells me..

Slan,
D.

:sniffle:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I was just thinking of this tonight, wondering if it wasn't almost time for
THE TRIP!

You've gotta keep me posted 'cause I don't think I'll ever get to make it myself.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

cowtime wrote:I was just thinking of this tonight, wondering if it wasn't almost time for
THE TRIP!

You've gotta keep me posted 'cause I don't think I'll ever get to make it myself.
I'm going to take loads of pictures :) My mom very graciously sent me a camera she received when she took her early retirement (read "retire now before we lay you off"). She said she would never use it, so I could have it for Ireland. It's way nicer than mine, which was a dinosaur, and smaller. I'm still a bit leery of the flying bit, but I'll have to get over that one quickly, I think ;) It still hasn't really hit me yet....I don't have the butterflies of excitement, LOL!
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

izzarina wrote:
cowtime wrote:I was just thinking of this tonight, wondering if it wasn't almost time for
THE TRIP!

I'm going to take loads of pictures :) My mom very graciously sent me a camera she received when she took her early retirement (read "retire now before we lay you off"). She said she would never use it, so I could have it for Ireland. It's way nicer than mine, which was a dinosaur, and smaller. I'm still a bit leery of the flying bit, but I'll have to get over that one quickly, I think ;) It still hasn't really hit me yet....I don't have the butterflies of excitement, LOL!
Mise fosta, a chara!

At exactly this time, exactly one month from now, barring flight delays, I'll be landing at Shannon. It still doesn't seem quite real...that after all this time planning and thinking about it, it's finally about to happen.

You'll do fine with the flying. Ná bí eagla ort!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Exactly one month from now and a day we'll be celebrating my birthday in Ballyvaughan!

(and I will either be very happy or very sad about the results of my written driving test three days before, hehe.)
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote: I'm still a bit leery of the flying bit.
That's "flyingcursor" or "flydood" though "flyingbit" is OK I guess.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

avanutria wrote:Exactly one month from now and a day we'll be celebrating my birthday in Ballyvaughan!

If you want music, make sure to go into Monk's on a sunday (around four-ish), either Brid O Donohue or Seamus Hynes playing there.
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

djm wrote:Coulda bin Cleveland. :o

djm
Nah, people in Cleveland don't talk like that. We sound like Detroit and Chicago. From Columbus south you start getting the influence of Applachia. They have chimbleys.
Mike