FS: Meacham 4-key flute (now on Ebay)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Flutern
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

FS: Meacham 4-key flute (now on Ebay)

Post by Flutern »

I'm selling a 4-key Meacham and Co (cocuswood with ivory rings), made around 1828. This flute was restored by Patrick Olwell and was bought by K. Magnuson in September of 2006 (see his original thread for more details about the flute). I bought it from Kurt a few months ago for $815 including shipping to Canada. The keys are: G#, Bb, short F nat. and Eb. The headjoint is cracked but was repaired by Olwell. All corks have just been replaced.

The reason why I'm selling it is because I found a very nice 8-key and I don't need 2 keyed flutes.

I am asking $750 (USD via paypal, or CAD if you're in Canada) including shipping to North America, or 480€ + shipping.

Note for Europeans: I will be in France from June, 5th to 18th and in Dublin on the 19th. If someone within the EU is interested I'm happy to take it with me and ship it from France or Ireland.

Pictures are huge so I linked them instead of including them in the post. First of all, the entire flute. I tried to take a photo of the head where you can see the repaired crack and rings; that's the best I could get but at least it gives you an idea. Lastly, the top and bottom parts.

Contact me at jeychenne@gmail.com if you're interested :).

Julien
Last edited by Flutern on Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

Snow White is still looking for her Prince Charming, and she now accepts USD through paypal.
Flutern

Post by Flutern »

The flute has been sent down to hell :twisted:. Someone could make a very good deal cos it's a great flute :).

Julien