Who's going to the Piper's Gathering?

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
elbowmusic
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm back in the uilleann piping world after a ten year hiatus. Uilleann piping chops, here I come!

I'm a smallpipe and Border pipe maker and we'll just see where that leads to.

Who's going to the Piper's Gathering?

Post by elbowmusic »

The Piper's Gathering is a fantastic Deal. The concerts themselves are worth any effort to attend. And then there's the vendor's tables ;)

I'll be attending, coming up from NYC. I play Smallpipes A/D, and Border Pipes A. And I'm learning to play a french G chanter.

Who else is attending?

Nate
-Nate Banton-
Smallpipes and Border Pipes http://www.natebanton.com
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

The Gathering is the same weekend I'm in Montreal (plus a day in Maxville, ON) for the big North American Pipe Band Championship weekend. So I'll be sweating a lot, playing GHB a lot, drinking... some, and eating poutine and smoked meat. This will all be done under the influence of 8 yards of worsted wool.

Crazy and stupid? Yes I are. :boggle:
elbowmusic
Tell us something.: I'm back in the uilleann piping world after a ten year hiatus. Uilleann piping chops, here I come!

I'm a smallpipe and Border pipe maker and we'll just see where that leads to.

Post by elbowmusic »

It is very unfortunate that the piper's weekend falls on that weekend.
-Nate Banton-
Smallpipes and Border Pipes http://www.natebanton.com
Bill Reeder

Post by Bill Reeder »

I'll be there! This year I'm thinking about forsaking the Uilleann pipe workshops in favor of the entry level border pipe class.
Bill

"... you discover that everything is just right: the drones steady and sonorous, the regulators crisp and tuneful and the chanter sweet and responsive. ... I really look forward to those five or six days every year." Robbie Hannan
CHasR

Re: Who's going to the Piper's Gathering?

Post by CHasR »

elbowmusic wrote:The Piper's Gathering is a fantastic Deal. The concerts themselves are worth any effort to attend. And then there's the vendor's tables ;)

I'll be attending, coming up from NYC. I play Smallpipes A/D, and Border Pipes A. And I'm learning to play a french G chanter.

Who else is attending?

Nate
Looking forward to trading some Bechonnet tunes with you Nick!
(Ive always wondered what they sound like with zampogna, too :boggle: )
Aaron Malcomb wrote: The Gathering is the same weekend I'm in Montreal (plus a day in Maxville, ON) for the big North American Pipe Band Championship weekend. So I'll be sweating a lot, playing GHB a lot, drinking... some, and eating poutine and smoked meat. This will all be done under the influence of 8 yards of worsted wool.

Crazy and stupid? Yes I are.:boggle:
Pity... I was hoping to meet you ! Guess I'll just leave my biniou home now.

:(
LuifeSpain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LuifeSpain »

GRRRRRRR....I´m really jealous.....I would be pleased to go to this event.....but you know....a typicall problem of living in Spain :(

Best regards!

Luife
"Uno a uno, todos somos mortales; juntos, somos eternos." Francisco de Quevedo y Villegas (1580-1645)
wgority
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by wgority »

As always, I'm there with bells on! (I'm Not saying I'm going to indulge in Morris Dancing in the least little way.) Nope.... not me..... uh-uh..... no way.......
Pipers Gathering--More Fun, More Music
August 1-4, 2008 in Killington, VT
http://www.pipersgathering.org
quietpiper

Post by quietpiper »

I'll be there. This is going to be my first year. Not sure whether I'll take any classes or not. I'd like to spend some extra time meeting makers and getting some reeds straightened out. I'll bring smallpipes. I'd love to share a tune with anyone who's interested.