Can Mary Jane help your playing ?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
rorybbellows
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Can Mary Jane help your playing ?

Post by rorybbellows »

Do you think smoking hash improves your playing ? or is getting stoned such a different experience every time,as its so dependent on your mood and the quality of the sh*t ,thats its just impossible to say !

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
CHasR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by CHasR »

"Do you think smoking hash improves your playing?"

no.
irishpiper
Tell us something.: uyguyguyguygug;skdjvlsa fvla bnsldcv nasnc:sodv jcpoaenvpiseripsertnvpa epaoeunvasuepv; auenr;usaenrviusanrvueapr;gvoajneproivea[orivjae['oirvjnae['oirvnae'oirvnas'[oirvn'[aenv'[saepoirnv['soeirnv['sonv[oeirvn['oeirnv['oisenrv['oisernjv['oisenv[oiserntv[oisenjv[oisrjtb[oisrtj[bsirpotbosirnboisemfvo[sierfvmseoiv

Post by irishpiper »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dionys
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dionys »

I've never partaken my self, but every single artist I've known from visual to performing musicians produces the worst sh*t they've ever produced when high while thinking it's the bees' knees.
Tir gan teanga <--> Tir gan Anam.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

I smoked in college but I didn't inhale ... :boggle:
PJ
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Dionys wrote:I've never partaken my self, but every single artist I've known from visual to performing musicians produces the worst sh*t they've ever produced when high while thinking it's the bees' knees.
Tell it to Louis Armstrong.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
projektio28

Post by projektio28 »

I have my B.A. in Music, and during college I was surrounded by people who used everything from marijuana to LSD, you name it, they took it.

I was in the small crowd that abstained from that kind of thing and I have to agree with Dionys here 100%. The people that used the drugs thought they were being "more" creative and amazing than the rest of us.

I'm not saying that my friends and I were in a battle for "who was more creative", those who took drugs and those who did not, but I do think that we were far more humble about our art than the pot smokers.

Matt
djm

Post by djm »

It doesn't make you more creative, but it makes everything you say or do appear more profound. We recorded ourselves during a typical evening of philosophical debate in order to capture these deep revelations that none of us could remember the next day.

A typical evening on MDA sounded something like:

"Wow! Really."

"Yeah, far out!"

"Yeah, I know what you mean exactly."

"Yeah."

etc.

We weren't so cocky about ourselves or our brilliance from then on.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

I do have some home recordings of us playing one night...and there was a positive difference. I think it boils down to the person and their abilities...in other words, no it doesn't help your playing. But, if you are not always playing to your true potential because you're all hung up on it, or half thinking about your bills, or otherwise not letting yourself just "live" in the music, then it CAN strip away the distractions and open your ears more...in small amounts. I don't think it leads to big jumps in ability by any means...just leads to paying more attention the music for a short while sometimes...YMMV.
Corin
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

s1m0n wrote:
Dionys wrote:I've never partaken my self, but every single artist I've known from visual to performing musicians produces the worst sh*t they've ever produced when high while thinking it's the bees' knees.
naah.. he used khat.
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

I smoked a good bit back in college (haven't touched the stuff in probably 6 years now). While I daresay I enjoyed listening to music more while high, I was all thumbs the few times I tried to play my guitar.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

CHasR wrote:
s1m0n wrote:
naah.. he used khat.
Louis smoked pot daily, and was such an entheusiastic fan that he promoted it as a health-giving panacea.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

That stuff always put me to sleep... now, anti-freeze on the other hand... :lol:
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Seriously, grass, hash, alcohol, etc. are all no good.

For the best results, try whippets.
PJ
djm

Post by djm »

Is that like toking labradors?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.