Sentences only *YOU* have a right to say...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
CHasR
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Sentences only *YOU* have a right to say...

Post by CHasR »

this could be fun:

I can truthfully say:

"The blue ceramic frog is in the dining room between the sitar and the ukelele".
:)
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

The carnivorous plants came out of the refrigerator a couple of weeks ago.

The Jacks in the pulpit came out of the garage soon afterward (they're in the music room now, under the grow lights).
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

chas wrote:
The Jacks in the pulpit came out of the garage soon afterward (they're in the music room now, under the grow lights).
replaced the cannabis, did they? :) :D :lol:

im only kidding...
emmline

Post by emmline »

It would have been more interesting 10 years ago when I could have said:

"Hey. Insulation just fell into your ice cream. Please take it out before you eat that."
or
"Uh oh. Looks like it's going to rain again. Better stick another garbage can between the girls' beds, and maybe put one in front of the piano."

But now I can say:

"What? You think there's something wrong with having eight color samples randomly swatched all over the wall at the top of the stairs?"
and
"Olivia--I think it's perfectly reasonable that every item of clothing you own is under your bathroom sink. There is, after all, a cat in your dresser drawer."
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

"Oh no...the cat's gotten stuck in the harp case again!"

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I've got to quit screwing around on the Chiffboard and get this technology application paper done so I can get out and get the chokecherries, plums, and junipers planted before all 200 of them shrivel up and die!

How's that?
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

"Watch out for the rocket chick around that corner--I can hear her moan!"

(from our Quake II days)

---or---

(as any ferret owner will recognise)

"How are the kids with the new guy?" "Just fine...lots of mouthing and butt-sniffing, they're having a grand old time!" :lol:

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I received a Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Admininstration this morning, which is not unique, but I think the 4.0 GPA might be.

Many thanks to all the Chiffers who helped with Geek questions, math advice, and moral support over the last 2-1/2 years! I couldn't have done it without you.

Special thanks to Caroluna for her expert assistance with that . . . one . . . last . . . insurmountable . . . requirement. That one act of kindness probably kept me from throwing in the towel at the last minute. :wink:
Last edited by Lambchop on Sat May 03, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cotelette d'Agneau
emmline

Post by emmline »

Lambchop wrote: Many thanks to all the Chiffers who helped with Geek questions, math advice, and moral support over the last 2-1/2 years! I couldn't have done it without you.
Oh, but lots of us can say this part.
(and congrats on the other part!)
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Congratulations to Lambchop!
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Lambchop wrote:I received a Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Admininstration this morning, which is not unique, but I think the 4.0 GPA might be.

Many thanks to all the Chiffers who helped with Geek questions, math advice, and moral support over the last 2-1/2 years! I couldn't have done it without you.

Special thanks to Caroluna for her expert assistance with that . . . one . . . last . . . insurmountable . . . requirement. That one act of kindness probably kept me from throwing in the towel at the last minute. :wink:
Yaaaay, Lambie! I think this latest class might nuke my 4.0. Oh well.

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Denny

Post by Denny »

congratulations Lambie :)
chas

Post by chas »

Redwolf wrote:"Oh no...the cat's gotten stuck in the harp case again!"
I have a cat that got stuck in the lazy susan and the recliner mechanism in the same day. [She survived both (the lazy susan repeatedly) and is now 10, I think.]
Last edited by chas on Sun May 04, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

The cattle were turned in to the pastures around our house last Sunday and my house dogs are giddy with the new opportunities to roll in cowpiles. :evil:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

My cat Mubu is yelling at me because I ran out of Kramarczuk's Ukrainian garlic sausage.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician