The Big Battlestar Galactica Thread

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Sporting Pitchfork
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

The Big Battlestar Galactica Thread

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

In the past year or so, I've grown quite fond of the "new" Battlestar Galactica, which I find to be generally well-written and engaging in spite of sometimes featuring incredibly schmaltzy bits of uilleann pipes in the soundtrack (courtesy of Eric Rigler, apparently).

I don't have cable, but I've been watching season four online via hulu.com. I'm guessing I'm not the only C & F person that watches the show...What do other people think about what's going on in Season 4? What is Starbuck? Who do you think is the final Cylon? Did the Colonials colonize Earth or was it perhaps the other way round?

Interested in hearing some opinions...Those who haven't seen the show in its entirety may not want to read on...
Sober Sam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sober Sam »

giddowdahere
Why do people use aluminum to put beer in it, if you can make whistles out of it?
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

Frak!

KAC
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I saw about a season and a half of it and then something shiny walked by and I got distracted and lost track. I'd kind of like to get the DVDs and start working through it again. I was very impressed with it.
jsluder

Re: The Big Battlestar Galactica Thread

Post by jsluder »

The Sporting Pitchfork wrote:What do other people think about what's going on in Season 4? What is Starbuck? Who do you think is the final Cylon? Did the Colonials colonize Earth or was it perhaps the other way round?
We watched the first 3 seasons on DVD, and we're watching the 4th season as it airs. I really like the series; the writing and acting are both top-notch.

I have no answers for your questions, though. I've decided to just let the season unfold and not second-guess the writers. It should be an interesting ride.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

The Sporting Pitchfork wrote:In the past year or so, I've grown quite fond of the "new" Battlestar Galactica, which I find to be generally well-written and engaging in spite of sometimes featuring incredibly schmaltzy bits of uilleann pipes in the soundtrack (courtesy of Eric Rigler, apparently).

I don't have cable, but I've been watching season four online via hulu.com. I'm guessing I'm not the only C & F person that watches the show...What do other people think about what's going on in Season 4? What is Starbuck? Who do you think is the final Cylon? Did the Colonials colonize Earth or was it perhaps the other way round?

Interested in hearing some opinions...Those who haven't seen the show in its entirety may not want to read on...
The final cylon has to be Adama and he's leading them to an ambush.

:)

KAC
Kenny A. Chaffin
pancelticpiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

By the way, the theme of the old show fits beautifully on the Scottish pipes.
Years ago (during the run of the original show) a piper friend and I were at a party. An old university professor (of Irish literature) asked us "play something really traditional!"
We struck up the pipes and played the Battlestar Galactica theme.
She was quite impressed, saying something like "Yes! That sounds very old!"
The Sporting Pitchfork
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

pancelticpiper wrote:By the way, the theme of the old show fits beautifully on the Scottish pipes.
Years ago (during the run of the original show) a piper friend and I were at a party. An old university professor (of Irish literature) asked us "play something really traditional!"
We struck up the pipes and played the Battlestar Galactica theme.
She was quite impressed, saying something like "Yes! That sounds very old!"
Thank you. That's going to give me nightmares...
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

The Sporting Pitchfork wrote:In the past year or so, I've grown quite fond of the "new" Battlestar Galactica, which I find to be generally well-written and engaging in spite of sometimes featuring incredibly schmaltzy bits of uilleann pipes in the soundtrack (courtesy of Eric Rigler, apparently).

I dont have cable so i don't get to see BSG as it comes outt... Ive had to wait unti l th dvds come out...
but my wife and i are religious fans of th show. it's the only thing that gets watched (aside from House and the old batman animated series, which my daughter is extremely fond of), or I should say its one of the few "tv" programs we make time for.

BSG, imho, is one of the best shows ever produced; hell it's better than a good deal of movies..

i hope they end the series with a feature lenght miniseries like they started with...and I hope they end it in a similar way thh like they ende the original, where they get to earth and its "modern day earth" and they don't have the technology to foght off the incoming cylon fleet, yadda yadda...
lets get a drink.

i frakin loved the pipes bits in the soundtrack.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

I love the new series, watched the old one as a kid too, totally uncomparable. the new BSG is a very atypical science fiction, all about booze, sex, and god.
I love it. :)
djm

Post by djm »

A pair of Sixes would suit me just fine. :)

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

djm wrote:A pair of Sixes would suit me just fine. :)

djm
Or did you mean Six's pair? :P

KAC
Kenny A. Chaffin