Is C&F slipping???

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

duuuuuuuude.....

Nice vulture, by the way.
T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Nanohedron wrote:Mitch, what in cerulean blazes are you going on about????

Here you are after your hiatus - hiatus - and waxing frantic about low activity here (um, yokay).

Chill. Chill. And sacrifice nothing. It's quite Zen and politically correct to do so. Any other kind, and the missus will not thank you for the mess.
Tis merely harmless fun.

A little game I call "obtusion" - good for turbulating the culinary vesal without messing the misses ... or is that "missing the messes"?

The rules are:
1. Bend it
2. If it breaks the game is ended
3. Points are awarded for the most obtuse angle achieved before it broke (calculated by subtracting 90 degrees from the final angle.)
4. angles greater than 360 degrees count double.

You got 10 points for "cerulean blazes"
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Yeah.

That mustard board is boring compared to C&F.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Mitch, when I asked you to research lancewood I didn't mean for you to grate it and mix it into your steak and kidney pie. I know lancewood's got a peppery smell but all that glitters is not gold, you know.

C&F is not slippin so just find your F&C (flippin chisel)
and get workin on your next wooden whistle .....

8)
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Moonlight
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Moonlight »

Walden wrote:C&F ain't slipping, other than a few people getting by with being bullies, and running off folks, because they are "respected members of the community."
Walden makes a good point. I personally would post more if not for some of the nastiness I read on the forum, often totally uncalled for by a few members who think they are being clever and amusing but really are just being small-minded. I'm not really sure some of these members are really "respected" members but it concerns me how their bitter attitudes and comments might drive new members away. Having said that there are a large number of really truly wonderful people on this board which is what keeps me here. I just don't post much. It often seems that someone can post the most innocent comment or topic and some individual will seize the opportunity to turn it into a personal attack against the poster or posters, ultimately contributing nothing to the topic but bad feelings. It certainly makes the reader wish he/she had avoided the thread altogether...
There seemed to be such a great spirit of fun and goodwill when I joined some years ago...it would be wonderful to see a return of that spirit.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mitch wrote:

Here you are after your hiatus - hiatus - and waxing frantic about low activity here (um, yokay).

Chill. Chill. And sacrifice nothing. It's quite Zen and politically correct to do so. Any other kind, and the missus will not thank you for the mess.
Tis merely harmless fun.

A little game I call "obtusion" - good for turbulating the culinary vesal without messing the misses ... or is that "missing the messes"?

The rules are:
1. Bend it
2. If it breaks the game is ended
3. Points are awarded for the most obtuse angle achieved before it broke (calculated by subtracting 90 degrees from the final angle.)
4. angles greater than 360 degrees count double.
Ah: "obtusion". I'd introduce you to Zubivka, but he is, as they say, notable by his absence and not able by his absence to engage you. Simply acrobatic with his ESL he was, and brilliant at it, as if he'd found a toy never to be tired of. Well, he had, really. We all miss him. Those of you who never knew him should miss him, too.

My own forays into this game will be pale at best, but:
Mitch wrote:You got 10 points for "cerulean blazes"
See, I knew what you were on about all along. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
scheky

Post by scheky »

I dunno. The Mustard Board, while fun to peruse, is much akin to going into the Proctology board here, only for just music. There's just as much tension, but no other boards to pull out of and rediscover that the guy you have been arguing with for months really is a decent enough chap that you would most likely actually get along with quite well.

I like those boards simply because I enjoy watching social darwinism at it's worst. I enjoy these boards for discussions of music and whatever else happens to come up.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Walden wrote:C&F ain't slipping, other than a few people getting by with being bullies, and running off folks, because they are "respected members of the community."
Don't worry, Walden. I won't let the respected-member bullies run me off. True, they've gotten close, but I am hanging in there. Thanks for the concern! :)
/Bloomfield
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Bloomfield wrote: Don't worry, Walden. I won't let the respected-member bullies run me off. True, they've gotten close, but I am hanging in there.
I'm glad.
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:
Don't worry, Walden. I won't let the respected-member bullies run me off. True, they've gotten close, but I am hanging in there. Thanks for the concern! :)
urrrg....oooof! (grunt.)
Will somebody please help me push Bloomie off his chair?
(respected member that I am.)
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

emmline wrote: urrrg....oooof! (grunt.)
Will somebody please help me push Bloomie off his chair?
(respected member that I am.)
I am too fat, old, and balding to be budged. :D
/Bloomfield
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Bloomfield wrote: I am too fat, old, and balding to be budged. :D
That's why we all respect you. :)

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

He ain't fat, old, and bald. Rumor has it he ain't even Heinz Erhardt.
Reasonable person
Walden
Denny

Post by Denny »

Walden wrote:He ain't fat, old, and bald. Rumor has it he ain't even Heinz Erhardt.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Just who are these "respected members of the community," anyway? How do I go about identifying one? Is it tattooed on the backs of their necks? Do they have nametags? Do I just have to keep sniffing about until I get a whiff of respectability?

Me, well now, I wouldn't know a respected member if one hit me in the face.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow