Letters to Dale

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

fearfaoin wrote:Could you give that to me again in English, Mitch?
Eeeenglidge!!

EEEEnnnnglidggggggg???!!!

We don' need no steeeenkin' eeeeeenglidge!
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

talasiga wrote:I fear for you if you're having the fantasy that it works. Your own attempt here gets only three results. There are more instances of "alto flute" in these forums than that. As an example, where is theinstance where I am posting about Sarah Allen playing an alto flute at page 2 of
this topic?
That was a well-formed complaint that actually lets me know what the
problem was with my solution. Well done.
buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by buddhu »

talasiga wrote:
fearfaoin wrote:
talasiga wrote:And why should I use Google for to search my posts in this forum?
Because it works?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... rd.mati.ca
I fear for you if you're having the fantasy that it works. Your own attempt here gets only three results. There are more instances of "alto flute" in these forums than that. As an example, where is theinstance where I am posting about Sarah Allen playing an alto flute at page 2 of
this topic?
talasiga, check out the SERP at fearfaoin's link again, but when you get there click the link to show omitted results. Voila 7 results.

(Still not sure if they include the one you're after)
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by buddhu »

Mitch wrote:
fearfaoin wrote:
talasiga wrote:And why should I use Google for to search my posts in this forum?
Because it works?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... rd.mati.ca
BRRRPPP!

Minus 2 points!

The true purpose of search engines is to lead us to the "correct" beysian pattern - as Dog Almighty internded.

You would do well to take your keyboard and thrust it into a budgerigar's cage to learn the hidden cypher! (Hamster would do - so long as he's big enough to randomly press the keys) - whatever species you use for the task - it helps to have the google entry-page selected or it might take you uneccessary millenia to achieve sartori (google-enhanced!). For myself, I just select the page then strike the keyboard against the quisitive subject - most often my son, sometimes my own head, ocaisionally the open window. Blah. Always works!

I-Ching - derrrrrr
Strewth, Mitch... They put that chemical colouring back in your favourite juice, innit?
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

No dubbhu it doesn't. The 7 results don't reflect the instances of "alto flute" in these forums.

My first letter to Dale stands unamended.
8)
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Mitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

buddhu wrote:
Mitch wrote:
BRRRPPP!

Minus 2 points!

The true purpose of search engines is to lead us to the "correct" beysian pattern - as Dog Almighty internded.

You would do well to take your keyboard and thrust it into a budgerigar's cage to learn the hidden cypher! (Hamster would do - so long as he's big enough to randomly press the keys) - whatever species you use for the task - it helps to have the google entry-page selected or it might take you uneccessary millenia to achieve sartori (google-enhanced!). For myself, I just select the page then strike the keyboard against the quisitive subject - most often my son, sometimes my own head, ocaisionally the open window. Blah. Always works!

I-Ching - derrrrrr
Strewth, Mitch... They put that chemical colouring back in your favourite juice, innit?
Meh. GI lime - took me years to find an old bottle of the good stuff! .. Where's my keyboard ...

AAraarrr .. there you go:

My son's head just yielded "76b nm'[p;" which on google gives me:

"Each of the NM subrectangles we are counting belongs to one and only one of the .... So the product P = 300 + 348b + 268b2 + 548b3 + 76b4 + 40b5 as before ..."

Now - all i have to do is understand what dot-dot-dot-dot means and I'm in the green!

A worthy challenge!
:lol:
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

According to this forum post, there is a new SQL full-text search engine
in the works called Sphinx. It is supposed to be part of the new release of
phpBB, but can be used as a plugin now. It includes phrase searches, so
perhaps hope is on the horizon...
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Perhaps that topic about the alto flute is too old for Google to include in its results.

Including "Sarah Allen" gets you that topic. But now the topic has been updated and is currently on the first page of the flute forum, so that might not be too illustrative.

http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird